ENIGMA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, Im curious, but how does a piece of PVC break into smithereens like that? Does the heating and bending of it really cause that much structural degregation ?

So, Im curious, but how does a piece of PVC break into smithereens like that? Does the heating and bending of it really cause that much structural degregation ?

I guess I should have explained what happened. Initially, I wanted to simplify the grill of the tank by adding these stainless steel spears. To do that I used white modeling clay, shaping it to the spears and the PVC tank. Once that was done I baked 'em in the oven to harden. And this is where I knocked it off the deck and the clay shattered, not the PVC.

I'm finally done with the side panels of the tank...I just have the front of the tank left to do. I'm holding off until I've found the right front fork.

I'm thinking about front and rear hub caps, I'm not sure yet? Tomorrow I'll start stripping the paint off the bike.

Last edited:
That grill reminds me of a 36 ford

images_zps1febae13.jpeg

I really like what you are working on with that tank and grill panel. Especially leaving it so that you can see through the grill.

Love the tank grill panel idea, I think with a Higgins Beehive fork with a shiny chrome spring it would be a killer look.;) Let the spring mimic the look of the rounded grill.

Hey Carlton, one of your Marin buddies (Jer) is buying the 37 Texas Special Colson from me.

From destruction emerges a real cool tank/grill. I bet there will be an original fork system that will compliment the tank.
I've been vacillating about the fork shared in the last photo ( a reversed style Girvin). I'm not sure if its compatible to the overall design with its slight forward pitch? But I do like how the suspension is tucked around, opening up the front part of bike. If I do decide to use it, I'll have to extend it's short neck to fit the frame.

Love the tank grill panel idea, I think with a Higgins Beehive fork with a shiny chrome spring it would be a killer look.;) Let the spring mimic the look of the rounded grill.

I have a few springer front ends and I've tried them all. You would think the springer would compliment the grill? But nothing works esthetically...the size differences competes and confuses for visual attention. Check out page 5, post #87.

I have a few ideas I'm still playing with.

Man you are killing it!! Inspirational!! Peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Busy day today. I chopped up two fork necks to make one fork neck.

Stopped by my welder friend "Jesse" for a little fitting and welding...of course he's a perfectionist and threw my cut pieces up on his lath for an accurate fit.

I've decided to go in another direction with the faux springer rear end I had been playing with, changed it to this hydraulic fork that I picked up yesterday.

The frame still has not been altered; cut or welded.

Last edited:
Back