Epi Valve Jr.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i remember when i was trying to find a sovtek bassov 100 head a guy at the local shop was trying to sell me on one of those...and granted it did sound nice and great price! but theres something about an obscure old russian tube amp that i love :mrgreen:

chimichanga said:
i need a new amp since i sold my old one a while back.
Well, I highly reccomend the epi valve jr halfstack... Don't get me wrong... I love my old vintage amps...I've owned 3 silvertone twins, an old ampeg gemini, a silverface bandmaster, a silverfave bassman10(4 10s), a silverface princeton reverb and vibrochamp, a blackface vibrolux reverb, an ampeg vt60, a sovtek mini mig50, and a couple other wacky tube amps.. But this little devil is awesome. There are a few mods available out there that make it even awesomer, and if I ever needed more volume than I have now, I'd get another one and a box to run them both. The halfstack is miles ahead of the combo in my opinion, although the amp part is identical. SOmething about a 12" speaker sounds so much more righteous than an 8...

Latest posts

Back