evans/colson *finished pictures 3/18

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picked this frame up around christmas time and gifted to myself :lol: just getting around putting some parts toward it. i just received some all white tires that are like a goodyear reproduction tread that i think will look nice with the white on the bike and bring it out a bit. not really sure about a year on it though... so if anyone could help out with that it would be cool 8) i know the chain guard is wrong but i will probably go without anyways unless i find one that is correct for this bike. i am thinking that i will leave the fenders on but i am not sure yet, they aren't the best. as for the build it's going to be simple- not over the top or anything, going to be my rat among my other bikes... the last few bikes i have done have been stripped down and repaints so this one is going to be quite easy haha just some wheels, tires and a coat of compound/wax.

evans006b.jpg

evans002b.jpg

evans004b.jpg

evans007b.jpg

Re: evans/colson

im building up an evans also,so ive been doing a little research on them. i know that the last year they used the sweetheart sprocket was 1954. also your headbadge still reads evans-colson,where as my same headbadge just reads evans,putting mine closer to the year they shut down in 1962. its a good looking bike, maybe someone else can narrow it down! :D heres a shot of my headbadge.
DSCN3221.jpg

Re: evans/colson

well i'm pretty much done with it... i didn't end up using the fenders, the front one looked really bulged once i put it all together and there was a huge gap. i like it better without anyways. the only things i may do to it yet is if i find a rear rack or possibly a chain guard painted the same red which might be a real stretch :lol: but who knows what you can come across and i am going to the ann arbor michigan bicycle show next month. :mrgreen: also i might swap out the seat eventually... this one is actually comfortable though.

snapped some glamor shots of it today, it got up to 45 degrees... quite the heat wave haha

evans001b.jpg

evans002b-1.jpg

evans003b-1.jpg

evans007b-1.jpg

evans008b.jpg

evans014b.jpg

it has small air force decals on it too- do you think that someone just put those on there years ago or was that on the bike originally??
evans013b.jpg

evans011b.jpg

evans010b.jpg

Back