Evans come home

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a super longshot but check out ebay item#281353690727,this is a 1950's rollfast but I believe the tank is interchangable with the Evans,could be wrong.I'v noticed the price has dropped to $425 with a "make a best offer" offer:).A nice tank on these would probable fetch $300.What if you gave him a best offer and possibly see if he wanted to trade bikes and parts on the side in his favor?I guess it depends on how bad you want the tank and your bike certainly qualifies as a beauty and deserving of one.The killer part is the shipping but if you part the donor bike and sell whats left to recoup who knows?? :39:.As I said its a super long shot but ya never know what kind of deal you can strike up especially with the "buy it now" and this bike has been sitting a while on the bay and no offers.Good luck!!!

Thanks for the suggestion on the Rollfast option, but I'm going to remain tankless for now. The tank seems to drop a bit more by the seat and the original to mine would have been partially chrome finished as well.

That seems like a reasonable offering though and a very nice light to have in the parts bin, but my bike budget is low and shipping is even a bigger factor (about double) because I am in Canada.

Hey Black Top, I also noticed that on our current builds that we're both messing with Beehives as well.http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-king-bee.83921/

Last edited:
Got the whole springer together,check out "show me your best spray bombs",I just put it on this morn.Gonna move it over to the new builds pretty soon.I'll have to piecemeal it over a couple weeks as time permits because this time of the year as everyone else I'm busy with yard work and bike runs and keeping my Schwinn chops tuned up for our long hauls.Check out the "New Haven bust a gut bike run" in the events thread I think it will make you smile :D! I'll keep an eye out for ya for that tank.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back