Evil twin Build ---DONE----

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So hopefully you guys have all seen my Ole' blue build in the build off. This bike is going to be very similar to that build but with a tank and a lot more of cleaning chrome. Only have a few weeks to build it planning on getting it ready for the Pleasanton good guys show which is going to have a bike section. Thanks to BBI

Here's what I'm starting with a 40s CWC roadmaster skip tooth same frame has ole' blue but different company.
aefdf05d-4f0c-4cc4.jpg

I got a crazy deal on craigslist!
First thing we did is disassemble it.
aefdf05d-4f42-37de.jpg

Did a little mock up to see if those bars are going to work.
aefdf05d-4f63-140f.jpg

And got it ready for paint.
aefdf05d-4fb3-8174.jpg

We found a cool tank the fit good. not the exact tank for the bike but it looks good.

Hopefully going to start paint this evening. Going with the metallic red. And I think the tank white not sure yet.

Re: Evil twin Build

Looks good! My buildoff bike(s) is metallic red. Keep it up and vote for Joan! GTB!! Peace

So paint did not happen last night like I planed on. Hopefully I can get some paint on it today.

Any body know where I can get some truss rods, Beauty struts, fork struts. Every one has there own name for them. I can't seem to find any. Would like some similar to the Schwinn ones I have on ole' blue with good chrome.

I think there's a set of Schwinn ones for sale in the For Sale sub forum right now.

But if you missed out on them, you can make them from 3/8 brake line perhaps.

Been forgetting to update you guys. Frame is still getting pinstriped. Why Ive been waiting I painted the rims and rebuilt the wheel. I'll post more picks later today.
aefde375-9850-606d.jpg

I have all the parts ready to go for the bike so when I get it back.It should be put together in a couple of hours or so.

Back