"Evil Ways" ALMOST FINISHED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Sloppy Jalopy" PAINT 10/23

Great Job adding that second bar....I do that all the time to my bikes....Then I trim the (top) back forks short, bend them in and weld them to the back of the seat post tube.......try it.......

Yeah, I had planned on lowering the back. But I just love how the rear flows with the top tube, if I would have altered it I think it would have looked wrong in the end. I do have a girl's frame that could use a sex change and lowering... :idea:

Re: Evil Ways 11/3

Decided to try my hand at a custom headbadge. Paint cans have the perfect curve, so I simply zipped out a rough shape, finished the edges, drilled the holes, and then mask/paint. Came out OK, the bike is now known as "Evil Ways"

Marked out the shape.
IMG_3104.jpg

Make sure there's no compressed air left or you may ignite a paint bomb.
IMG_3105.jpg

Finished the edges, drilled the mounting holes, and then masked/painted my design.
IMG_3137.jpg

i know that the bike is already painted so the chances of this happening are small, but what if you flipped the rear triangle to lower the rear end? im really really diggin the orange and white combo. the extra bar you added in is pretty rockin too man

Easy E

Well, I'm almost done. My spokes came in yesterday and I laced up my wheels. Put a Davis Deluxe tire up front (cool tractor tread pattern), just waiting for my rear tire to come in. Not totally content on the bars, I'm kinda curious to see what some apes would look like on it. I'll figure it out soon enough. Thanks for all the kind words so far everyone. :wink:

IMG_3152.jpg

A true craftsman. The detail is over the top. Beautifull work, very nice paint, the headbadge idea is catching.

this bike is great. great color, great seat. white handlebars might look cool.

Got my chain today, wasn't sure how I'd like it but it's different, kinda cool. Decided just to use a tire I had sitting around for the rear, it's not a slick like I wanted but oh well. Chopped about 6" off each side of the bars, but I may change my mind again before the deadline. It's a sunny day so I'm off for the maiden cruise around the neighborhood. :D

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

That came out great. It looks like you just bought it at a shop......in 1955. The paint job is superb.

Latest posts

Back