Evolution Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A look against the frame.
4a71a5b482eaf94eb61d6eafad8dccce.jpg

In awe!

Looking good! I bet a lot of that noise and friction is the wood sides...
That's what I think.
When I have the sides cut from steel, I'll put something on the edge to prevent metal to metal.

Also I didn't think about it, but these old skinny rims are bigger than the modern rim I'm using up front.
So I have to make the sides in two different sizes.
Will be a couple weeks before I can get them though.

Hmm. Some kind of dampening material or some slickem'... Flex seal or Teflon are the first two things that come to mind.

Carl.

Hmm. Some kind of dampening material or some slickem'... Flex seal or Teflon are the first two things that come to mind.

Carl.
That's one of the ideas I had, at my old job we used a Teflon tape on the conveyor rails to prevent the bottles from sticking.
Ran those lines 24/7, only had to replace the tape once a month.

That's one of the ideas I had, at my old job we used a Teflon tape on the conveyor rails to prevent the bottles from sticking.
Ran those lines 24/7, only had to replace the tape once a month.
You can get teflon in sheets too it's very slick.

Carl.

Quite the difference in wheel width.
1ae7e893fda3eb404dfea43bd3151ae9.jpg

I understand why hubless bikes aren't common, there's alot that goes into getting the wheels perfect. It's honestly not worth the effort.

Measurements have to be precise to the millimeter, everything has to be just perfect. I'm not looking forward to building these out of steel.

So sometimes life gets in the way and you have to take care of it first.

I'm not out, but I'll be a little behind. Feeling a little stressed out.

Man, I'm loving the awesome backyard engineering you are putting into this bike. That wheel is uber cool!!!

This may not be the appropriate forum for this, but I'll do it anyway.

First, I haven't had time to work on this build. I've got mercury rising I'm tracking parts for, and a good old bike build I'm still looking for parts for, on top of a trike build, a quad build and a boat build...

To much stuff, on top of daily life.

Anyway, to my point.

I wake at 5am everyday for work.
Today was different for me.
My alarm goes off at 5, I turn it off and the tv on. As soon as it comes on I hear on the morning news that Chris Cornell (front man for Soundgarden and Audio Slave) died.

Most of you know I'm a rock/metal guy, but I also enjoy the "Seattle" sound... Grunge is a BS term.

Anyway, being a vocalist for a few bands in my youth; Chris Cornell is someone I modeled my vocal style after, he was a huge influence in my life. He had what I consider one of the most beautiful voices in rock music.

So this is my tribute to him, for those who aren't familiar.
Here's his version of a very popular song... Coincidentally, written by another gone to soon artist named Prince.

This may not be the appropriate forum for this, but I'll do it anyway.

First, I haven't had time to work on this build. I've got mercury rising I'm tracking parts for, and a good old bike build I'm still looking for parts for, on top of a trike build, a quad build and a boat build...

To much stuff, on top of daily life.

Anyway, to my point.

I wake at 5am everyday for work.
Today was different for me.
My alarm goes off at 5, I turn it off and the tv on. As soon as it comes on I hear on the morning news that Chris Cornell (front man for Soundgarden and Audio Slave) died.

Most of you know I'm a rock/metal guy, but I also enjoy the "Seattle" sound... Grunge is a BS term.

Anyway, being a vocalist for a few bands in my youth; Chris Cornell is someone I modeled my vocal style after, he was a huge influence in my life. He had what I consider one of the most beautiful voices in rock music.

So this is my tribute to him, for those who aren't familiar.
Here's his version of a very popular song... Coincidentally, written by another gone to soon artist named Prince.

Nice tribute. And, beautiful song; done beautifully.

Chris Cornell has been my hero/idol for decades, now. I annoy all my friends and family with my praise of him...and force my wife to go to see him most every time he comes around.

The most heartbreaking event of last year was that I missed out on 'Temple of the Dog' tickets. I was at his Higher Truth concert the week before the tickets went on sale...he said nothing. I'm on his fan club email list...got no notifications. Well, Chris' demise, of course greatly overshadows that, now, minor tragedy. I'm not too manly to admit that I've shed many a tear today, and have been on the edge of shedding more as I've been listening to Chris Cornell CDs all day at work. This is my Don McLean 'American Pie' moment...that song definitely has more meaning to me, now. Weiland's passing was a rough get through...this will be far worse.

RIP Chris Cornell ... most likely the last of the Rock Gods.
Jason

Latest posts

Back