Fastback Stick Shift FINISHED!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Big thank you to Scott (Lopo68) for the frame, fork and shifter. The rest of the parts came from a Fair lady and stuff I had laying around. Lucky for me all of the dated parts came out to either '70 or '71. I'll have to dig through the parts pile for some green grips but I know I have some. If anyone has a green fastback chainguard they'd give up I'd definitely be interested. Funny thing is, I sold one about 2 months ago thinking I'd never use it! This is why it pays to hoard all of your parts!!!

010912163308.jpg

010912163319.jpg

Re: Fastback Stick Shift

Sweet! 8) I completely understand what you mean by keeping your parts :lol:

I have a split seat off a MF fastback and a pair of junior sized grips you can have for $30 shipped.
The grips are shorter than standard sized grips but they will work until you can find a better pair. They are in great shape. See pictures.
Let me know.
006-19.jpg

005-23.jpg

003-21.jpg

Danimal said:
Sweet, love me a nice fastback! Not sure what year the frame is, but that shifter is for a 1969.

The frame is a '70 and the shifter came with the frame. Maybe an early frame and leftover shifter? How can you tell the year of the shifter?

90 degree bend on end of shifter is a 1969 shifter (as far as I remember when I used to haunt the Schwinn Forum).

From purple to green! All done! OK, now that I have officially tried the muscle bike thing, again (I had a '65 Stingray last year), it's really not the thing for me. I'll keep my big heavy ballooners any day!

011712135641.jpg

pkh1974 said:
Lookin good. Now you need the correct sissy bar and pedals.

I don't know if I care enough to track down any parts. What pedals and sissy bar are correct?

Latest posts

Back