Fat Fix (COLOR CHANGE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fat Fix

When I first saw the Beast, I thought it needed exactly what you have done (except the forks. They are an added bonus). So I relaced the rims and spokes from my Beast onto the hubs I already had mounted with 24x4.25 wheels and tire, and put the 26 inchers into my diamond frame that had already been modified to accept the swollen feet (and a 7 speed cog/derailler and disc brakes).
Your frame dimensions ended up very close to mine and I like yours better. Even down to the color, it's like your in my mind for ideas, but you do much better work, and faster.

Great job!!

Bryan

Re: Fat Fix (Got Paint)

Well Bryan , I'm retired and have no life. :cry: :cry: So building bikes keeps me occupied.
I wish I had the money to blow on a 3 speed Sturmey Archer.....Well no I take that back
I wish Nexus made a wide 3 speed. I hate those little chains on an SA. I really liked my Beast
and for the money is a steal. I know they won't do what they are designed to look like they do
but ride one around the block and everybody will look. I'm not sure how the springer will work.
I'm prepared to build a regular single fork if this one causes a problem. It was another ...just to
see if I could build something that would work. I really build stuff for the entertainment factor
on RRB. It gives everybody something to watch. :wink:

Looks great but I would have polished the frame when it was bare and make it match the wheels. 8)

I'm not a bare metal type person. I like paint. Seems like you just painted yours blue
or am I imagining things. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Lucas And Luke. Got to put a few parts back on and then
you can stick a fork in it because it will be done.
Are they judging yet? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thanks Steve . I looked at all the cans Lowe's had and they didn't have the
sand colored camo paint. I just picked this one. Looks pretty
good even though its not what I was actually looking for.

Uncle Stretch said:
... I really build stuff for the entertainment factor
on RRB. It gives everybody something to watch. :wink:

Haven't been disappointed yet :wink:

Well thanks Jeremy . I guess I'm doing my job then. May need to hit Steve up for a raise. :wink:
Got the crank on and it looks like I can slam the seat now. Looks better that all that seatpost sticking up.
DSCF0001_zps1305affd.jpg

I want to use the ones I had on it before. I need to work on them tomorrow. They are
straight 7/8'' and I don't have a stem that works now that I changed the fork. I will cut
the 1'' part out some old bars and make a shim. Should work ok.

Beautiful work Uncle Stretch. 8)

Thanks Sleepy, hopefully I can finish up a few things today and see if I have
improved anything. If the springer works , I will be happy, and if not it will be
gone and I will build a regular fork. :roll:

hey there uncle stretch
i finally get to see one of you're builds in progress!!!
it's truly a pleasure to finally see a very skilled builder as yourself in the works
the bike looks great
i love these fat tire builds their becoming one of my fav designs
yours looks fantastic
can't wait to see the finished bike
glad i finally got the pleasure to see one of you're works of art being built!
keep up the good work
thanks for sharing
Sean

Re: Fat Fix

This is a striking before and after comparison!
You have transformed what I have considered a hideous bike into something completely fitting for those ridiculously huge tires and wheels. The original designers should look at your proportions and shamefully take notes. You've taken this bike from "laugh at me" to "take me serious".

I'm glad that you resisted the urge to add any curves to the frame. Well done!

Perfect color choice! This bike is bold enough by itself and doesn't need a bold color!

Uncle Stretch said:

Thanks Sean glad you like my work. I get a little better with each one I do.

TRM I didn't like a couple things about the stock one. After riding today , I might have gotten it a smidge high.
It feels good riding, but there is some tippy toe on sitting on it. Glad you like it. Was a fun build.

Here is a riding video. Click to see a fat man on a bike.

Hey, riding that bike actually makes you look pretty small. :lol:

When can I send mine down for reconstructive surgery? :mrgreen:

Back