Fav Car?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1971_Plymouth_Duster.jpg

skoda said:
Volvo Duett (PV445/PV210)

6672_143736966047a86f1ec5776.jpg
Now I know where Chevy got plans for the HHR. I want to repaint my HHR in those colors. But how do I split the rear window?
IMG_1399.jpg

No cars on mars said:
skoda said:
Now I know where Chevy got plans for the HHR. I want to repaint my HHR in those colors. But how do I split the rear window?

If the back gate is steel, then it would be a matter of pulling out the old window and fabricating a center bar, then welding it in. pretty labor intensive plus you will have to have new windows made, the original glass is most likely "safety glass" and will shatter if you try to cut it. You would have to have new ones made from the laminated type of windshield glass.

A cheaper and simpler option would be to mask it off and just "paint" a center bar the body color to give it the appearance of a split window.

No cars on mars said:
skoda said:

6672_143736966047a86f1ec5776.jpg
Now I know where Chevy got plans for the HHR.

These and the 2 door sedan variant (the 444/544) were blatant rip offs of a Ford design style wise, but they were scaled down in size and had a 1.4, 1.6 or 1.8 liter 4 cyl Rover designed motor that gets great mileage and is a bulletproof design that gained Volvo their reputation for the motors outlasting the bodies of their cars. Same Rover motor design was used in the original Jeeps. Somehting about the Swede version of them made them indestructible.

I know about half a dozen people that own these cars, they are great if you get a later one with 12 volt electics. Can be driven around forever and used for practially anything. One guy used to use one of his for roofing. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

of all the cars I've owned, it's the Cosworth Vega I miss the most. Sold it to buy my first Harley. This is not it, but similar:

75cosworthvega.jpg

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
of all the cars I've owned, it's the Cosworth Vega I miss the most. Sold it to buy my first Harley. This is not it, but similar:

75cosworthvega.jpg
Been a while since I seen one of those, I used to know a guy that had three and a Monza Mirage with a small block in it.

My 1965 Ford F-100. I got it from my grandpa a few years ago, who got it from my dad after he drove it throughout the 80's, and my dad got it from my great grandfather when he passed, who drove it new off the lot in 1965 in Richland WA. That truck means more to me than most anything else, and most of my friends. Right now it's pretty much bone stock with it's straight six, three on the tree, and original paint, but this summer my dad and I are planning on lowering it a little (bending I-Beams), and maybe installing a five speed tranny. Other than that I want to keep it stock since it's been in the family for so long.

It's my daily driver when I'm home from school, and it still runs like a top.

112321.jpg

^That photo was taken a few years ago, since then I've put some NOS hubcaps on it, and repainted the bumper and a few other parts factory white (my dad painted 'em flat black in the 80s, before rat rods were cool.)

And if anybody has a line on some OEM "Western Junior" rearview mirrors, let me know. That's what it had originally, and for some reason my grandpa got rid of them and put those horrible plastic things on.

my fav car deff has to be 51 mercs .. one that i love and been following over the years is Dave Para's 51 merc .
DSCF0112.jpg

and Roadsters late 20's into early 30's .. this one you would never think it but its a 145,000 dollar 32 roadster built by the rollin bones .. that i got to "wash" by driving threw a creek didnt catch any fish :( but it was a blast
DSCF0360small.jpg

and Roadsters late 20's into early 30's .. this one you would never think it but its a 145,000 dollar 32 roadster built by the rollin bones .. that i got to "wash" by driving threw a creek didnt catch any fish :( but it was a blast
DSCF0360small.jpg
[/quote]

heck yeah, they whole series of Mercs were awesome, but yeah the '51 had the best grille. :) Another favourite would be the '48 Buick... gotta love those chrome teeth!

As for the picture of the rod, it looks like a scene from one of the A-Bombers old style weekend runs in Sweden. They actually have hill climb events on dirt roads in those old crates!!! Maaaaaad fun.

Here's a pic, lets see if any of you Yankees know who this is: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BrockAustin_resized.jpg

crackedpiston said:
Ratfink1962 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! If you had that, you would have lisence to Spraypaint "weiner" in massive fluoro letters down the side!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Sorry man, but that thing is about as pretty a bulldog chewing a wasp.

...But I do love the patina 8)

Ah yes, for some it appears a tad on the ugly side, but just look at the possibilities...
1939-Divco-Milk-Truck-white-custom-ma-2.jpg

Back