Favorite Bicycle Movie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever noticed after you get a new or fairly new automobile how many other ones you see just like yours.
That kind of thing has been happening with me only, with bicycles, not that I see ones like mine but just see bicycles
everywhere it seems. TV commercials have bicycles in them a lot. TV shows have them, not so much people riding them,
but in the hallway of an apartment building, hanging or sitting in a house, outside a house in the yard or in a garage. On
TMC channel I have watched two old movies that were awesome about bicycles.
The first was a comedy from 1934 called "6-Day Bike Rider" Has some trick bicycle riding and also about 20 minutes
of board track racing from that era. The second movie was called "The Bicycle Thief" from 1948 about a man who got a job
that needed the use of his bicycle for traveling around town putting up posters. The first day on the job someone steals his bike.
The rest of the movie he spends looking for it.
Do you have a favorite bicycle movie or part of a movie that has bicycles in it? Last weekend I watched "Jumanji" and there
is a part at the beginning of the movie where 5 or 6 boys are chasing young Alan Perish on muscle bikes and he is riding a big bike
that has a headlight on it looks to be more like a road bike. Look forward to seeing your favorite movies or TV shows or commercials.

All I can say is "RAD". If you haven't seen it, it's a must; especially for you BMX guys.
I'm guessing it's like the rest of the movies from the 80's that I think (or thought) were cool... I watch them now and they are not nearly as good as I remember.

I notice this too, especially watching American Pickers and seeing them walk right past good bikes without even a mention of it. I'd still love to find an old Kuwahara bike like in ET. :mrgreen:

there was a Disney tv movie called "The Whiz kid and the mystery at Riverton" had a kid riding a homemade choppr bicycle in it. I think you can see it on YouTube.

Dorian

Just last night my wife told me how its getting really annoying that I point out bicycles in every commercial. :mrgreen:

Not a movie but in the show Seinfeld there's a bike well actually its 2 different ones throughout the show in thebackground. I did a lil research and it turns out Kramer is big into bicycles and cycling.

DonQui said:
Just last night my wife told me how its getting really annoying that I point out bicycles in every commercial. :mrgreen:

Not a movie but in the show Seinfeld there's a bike well actually its 2 different ones throughout the show in thebackground. I did a lil research and it turns out Kramer is big into bicycles and cycling.

I do the same thing to my wife.

Seinfeld also lives above (or nearby) a Specialized bike shop/dealer. You'll see them standing in front of it.
In one episode Jerry admits to his girlfriend who is naked and cleaning his bike that it's just for looks and he never rides it.
When George and Susan lived together there was a bike in their hallway.
Their was also an episode where Elaine bought an old Stingray I believe. Can't recall the details.

Bicycle Thief and Quicksilver probably my favorites.

4 pages of all the bike related movies and documentaries we've seen here.

DVD_klunkerz_large.jpg

6a00e54ee7b6428833014e5fba20f2970c-400wi.jpg

joe_kid.jpg

StompinStuFlier.jpg

Back