Felt 1903 Out. 1909 In

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking about buying a Felt 1903 at a LBS. Now I have to hurry up if I wanna buy one! The 1903 is to be dropped for 2013 and a new model called the 1909 is taking its place. So far all I have is a computer generated pic of the 1909 but if you guys see one in the flesh please take a pic and post it! The MP is redesigned as well with the same updated frame.
Screen_Shot_2012-07-26_at_60657_PM_grande.jpg

Thats a sweet looking frame design. I sold my 1903.

It will be interesting to see what they actually look like in the flesh and if they’ll be able to meet the demand. My local Felt dealer is still waiting to get a couple of Deep Sixes that were ordered in September 2011 and was only able to get one each of the other 2012 model cruisers.

The Felt 1909 is a homage to this Harley:
hd39360_1909.jpg

Felt is also planning to offer a new line of 29er cruisers.

Screen_Shot_2012-07-27_at_10.31.23_PM_grande.jpg

The local dealer has a Heritage, Deep Six, and 1903. Very high quality bikes. The Deep Six looks great but is around $750.00 if I rember correctly. The board track bars could be be flipped but stock they would kill my back. :) Incidentally they also have the women's Claire and the pearl orange paint is amazing.

Tater said:
Felt is also planning to offer a new line of 29er cruisers.

Screen_Shot_2012-07-27_at_10.31.23_PM_grande.jpg

I love the look of the new 29er cruisers but look at the pedal to front wheel spacing, better slide your foot back when you turn or it's gonna hit the front wheel, why do so many bike makers design short frames?

The 1909 reminds me a lot of their early cruiser line. There is a white with either brown or red stripping that they had for a few years, I believe it was called vintage iron.

The deep-6 and the MP look good. I may just need to start saving for either one:mrgreen:

I wish there were pictures out of the 2013's. I have a 2012 MP on layaway for my son. The Schwalbe Fat Franks have been ordered. I went with the 2012 because I thought the triple fork would look tougher than the 2013 with the "Jerry Springer" on it. Hopefully I made the right choice.

Crash, I think you made a good choice. The MP will ride nicely with the fat Franks and feel very solid with the triple tree fork. I have an MP on big apple tire and it's one of my favorite rides.

If I were to get the new MP I would would have to swap out the forks. I don't like that style myself.

rydr1 said:
Crash, I think you made a good choice. The MP will ride nicely with the fat Franks and feel very solid with the triple tree fork. I have an MP on big apple tire and it's one of my favorite rides.

If I were to get the new MP I would would have to swap out the forks. I don't like that style myself.
Thanks for the solid feedback. 8)

Meh...
Am I the only person who doesn't find Felt bikes "So cool?"

To each their own and I don't know if you've seen one of their bikes in person, but their bikes are the highest quality beach cruisers I've seen yet. The style may be what you're referring to, and of course that's subjective.

BlackJack said:
To each their own and I don't know if you've seen one of their bikes in person, but their bikes are the highest quality beach cruisers I've seen yet. The style may be what you're referring to, and of course that's subjective.

It's the style really, I'm just not a fan of the retro-ness.
But that is just me, just like I am not a fan of the "new" camaros and challengers.

I'm certainly not a fan of the new designs. And I'm even less of a fan now. Suburban Bikes in Redwood City CA has announced pricing on the 2013 models and :shock: is it freaking expensive!

Not only does the new version of the MP loose the triple clamp fork and front rack but it gets a $160 price bump coming in at a total of $830.00! If they had switched to an aluminum frame I could maybe understand but the specs still call it a steel frame. The 1909 is marked at $719.00 :!: and the El Guapo is now $599.00. I think Felt just killed their cruiser line. :cry:

Regards,

Back