Felt Banbit Front Brake

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so heres the question ,it being the problem that needs solving.
This week I had a almost new Felt Bandit shipped to me from Calgary. A local bike store did a very nice job boxing the bike,with a tear down as well (Brent @ B&P Cycle And Sports Ltd.).
What I am having problems with is the front brake cable and barrel ajust mounting. If I put the ajuster in the slot facing the fork,it hits the fork tube.If I try the other way ,its into the spokes. Any one out there want to shoot me a pic,or have had this problem ? Thanx in advance POOCH !

Hope I did the picture post n paste correctly. After seeing all the LookieLoos on my post it became aperent that no one else had the sam problem. So if the pics are in the link as posted then heres what you are looking at.
If you look at the first pic the barrel ajuster mount is clearly behind the fork tube.There was no way I could flip it inward towards the spokes,and did not even get close to fitting in facing the fork tube which is the way it was suposed to go.Looking online I noticed that the cable was visible from the side.That kinda got me thinking that maybe the wrong brake hub was laced up incorectly from the factory.All though a used bike,it clearly wasnt riden,and no wear marks on brake hanger from cable.So let the filing begin.The bracket has many small bends to get the cable to run straigh and correctly.I drilled one hole forward in the hub brake lever and used the original hook as a second bolt hole.Once installed it is almost totally out of sight and works great.
Hope to get some dry streets in the next days here in B.C. I really wanna ride this bad boy !
Picture067.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Picture071.jpg

I think your problem was that the fork tubes are in backwards. Most all the forks I have seen have the drop out part to the front. It may have been your problem.

The pic shows my drop outs are in the front.The tubes only go in one way into the triple tree as well.If you look at any other Felt Bandit online,trust me .....everything was together correctly.After looking close at the hook that is supposed to hold the cable stop,mine was not used,or have any marks.Im thinking thats why I got it for a song. POOCH ! PS thanks for the link above !

Latest posts

Back