Filipino Easyrider Bike Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! I just wanted to share a Filipino bike build which our locals fondly call Easyriders. I don't know where the name came from or when it was originated. I have been seeing them since the late 70's or early 80's. I also don’t know if there’s anything like it elsewhere in the world but I suspect it is unique to the Philippines. I could be wrong though since I’m no expert, hehehe :grin:

Anyway, it’s basically a 20” muscle bike with low rise ape hangers which locally are called “butterfly handle bars” with banana seats and jammed with every accessory the builder can think of like sirens, light boxes, antennas, radios, speakers, cup holders, shifters, gears, extra cups/extenders for head sets, etc… To me the build is akin to the Philippine Jeepney which were discarded WW2 US military jeeps turned into the flamboyant public transportation they are known for today.

This...
WWII_Army_Jeep-1-.jpg

...turned into this!
08_jeepney.jpg

So without further adieu here they are, the Pinoy Easyriders!

IMG_20140720_073830.jpg

IMG_20140720_073805.jpg

IMG_20140720_073750.jpg

IMG_20140720_073816.jpg

IMG_20140720_073835.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Really Cool rides .Like that you guys have you're own style. Really like the sissy bar seat combo too.:113:

What I can tell you about EasyRider..

It was a Motorcycle Magazine which Began in '70..'71 if I'm not mistaken.
It was an American Custom and collectible motorcycle magazine with names in it like Ed Roth, Indian/Harley, and Harley Davidson to name a few.

As time went, and people got more creative with their California inspired Motorcycles in Canary Yellow and Cadillac Red... The magazine changed with the culture. I imagine during its hayday, it was much for the Philippines as much as American Muscle cars were to the Chinese and Japanese.. A new glimpse at an American movement going nowhere but up.

With the name Easyrider comes Motorcycle.. Motorbike.. chopper.. and of course Bicycles in your case.

[though I wouldn't rule out folks putting original Easyrider paint-jobs on
"old-skool" Schwinn muscles..even today.]

More info can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easyriders

FZ

Last edited:
Really dig the GTX tires , are they easy to Acquire in Your town ?

~Rafael~

Hey Joe, with those thick banana seats, if you got a sprung sissy bar....that should be a real cush ride!

The photos are eye candy. Some how I like them. Even like the Jeepneys. Are Jeepneys still in use to day?

I ride a Jeepney once or twice a day here. There are millions of them, most have 4 banger diesels and can get a little smoky, but for about 35 cents, you hop on anywhere by holding out your hand, they stop, you get in and hand your pesos to the next passenger who then passes it forward. The driver asks where to?, and your change gets passed back to you. When you want off, just tap the roof a couple times and they stop right where you want to go. They usually have music playing and there's usually plenty of lively conversation going on, as they hold about 20-25 people. And you can bring your groceries or whatever with you, sometimes live chickens or small dogs are riding too. You never have to wait longer than a minute for one to come along. That's why I don't need a car here.

m959jn.jpg

gto

gto is pontiac , hemi is mopar as in dodge / christlyler

Yeah, I know..................................................................................
And GTX is Plymouth while 442 is Oldsmobile!! I was just trying to make the point that it seemed like they were throwing well known muscle car insignia on the tires in hope of selling more of them.

Yeah, I know..................................................................................
And GTX is Plymouth while 442 is Oldsmobile!! I was just trying to make the point that it seemed like they were throwing well known muscle car insignia on the tires in hope of selling more of them.
no worries dude !

Back