Filipino Easyrider Bike Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ride a Jeepney once or twice a day here. There are millions of them, most have 4 banger diesels and can get a little smoky, but for about 35 cents, you hop on anywhere by holding out your hand, they stop, you get in and hand your pesos to the next passenger who then passes it forward. The driver asks where to?, and your change gets passed back to you. When you want off, just tap the roof a couple times and they stop right where you want to go. They usually have music playing and there's usually plenty of lively conversation going on, as they hold about 20-25 people. And you can bring your groceries or whatever with you, sometimes live chickens or small dogs are riding too. You never have to wait longer than a minute for one to come along. That's why I don't need a car here.

m959jn.jpg

So true! I really don't understand why most locals would want to own a car when there are thousands of jeepneys, buses, tricycles and pedicabs in the city. Gas prices are off the roof, city roads are not that well-maintained nor well-planned (...well in my city, Barry is lucky because Subic is awesome!) and a lot of them don't even have their own garage!

So true! I really don't understand why most locals would want to own a car when there are thousands of jeepneys, buses, tricycles and pedicabs in the city. Gas prices are off the roof, city roads are not that well-maintained nor well-planned (...well in my city, Barry is lucky because Subic is awesome!) and a lot of them don't even have their own garage!

I save a lot of dough by not owning a car. If I need to make a long trip, my nephew sets me up with one of his rental 12 passenger vans along with driver. It's like riding in a limo and still not much cost for the miles. And there's room for bikes and parts in the back.

2hweelf.jpg

4th bike photo down with the Brent Gio plate on the back.. that bike is all the right colors and shapes.
Id ride the Feathers right off it. [The MAG wheel/tire combo looks awesome, IMHO but I bet to get those parts here, from a retailer would probably be over 100 ea.

I'd rock em on the Tortoise 24".

FZ

I love the use of wheel skewers as fasteners all over the bikes. Even holding the chain rings together on one of the bikes. Great idea IMHO.

image002.jpg

image001.jpg

RIA-1_350-300x210.jpg

They still make these WWII items in the Philippines. Our old tooling maybe. The Rock Island .45 is supposed to be a .... good 1911a.

While on the subject, here's some images of modified jeeps you might enjoy that we locally call Owner Type Jeeps. I don't know the origin of it's name or when they started popping up but they are mainly used as private transportation. For this build more stainless steel, the better! :-D

OTJ.jpg

I like the hot rod jeep with the red primer roll bar. Even though it has only one seat, I know a dozen people cruise around in that thing.
The owner jeep name came from the status of having your own jeep. You were the owner of it, it set you above the crowd. I have a lot of older Pinoy friends who know all the stories and background on many things.

I like the hot rod jeep with the red primer roll bar. Even though it has only one seat, I know a dozen people cruise around in that thing.
The owner jeep name came from the status of having your own jeep. You were the owner of it, it set you above the crowd. I have a lot of older Pinoy friends who know all the stories and background on many things.

Oh cool, now I get it! I really didn't know that. Yeah, it's the older folks who are into this build as the younger crowd wouldn't be caught dead in these things. I hope these owner jeeps wouldn't disappear though :)

image002.jpg

image001.jpg

RIA-1_350-300x210.jpg

They still make these WWII items in the Philippines. Our old tooling maybe. The Rock Island .45 is supposed to be a .... good 1911a.

Make no mistake the Rock Island 1911 is no Kimber. It is also about $7-800 less money or a little more than half the price. They do exactly what you want your 1911 to do. They simply run through round after round. Old tooling is sometimes the best tooling.

Make no mistake the Rock Island 1911 is no Kimber. It is also about $7-800 less money or a little more than half the price. They do exactly what you want your 1911 to do. They simply run through round after round. Old tooling is sometimes the best tooling.

I have a friend with a Wilson combat. At the time I was shooting a Taurus 1911, a cheap copy of 1911. My groups were nice and tight his were all over the target. The only difference was that I had been shooting the same pistol for 6 years and he just got his. Practice is a good thing. Expensive weapons does not make up for lack practice

Back