finally a bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow ill turn 22, ok, so since I was like 9 or 10, my dream was to have a vintage bike.
I remember i had a neighbour who had a sort of cruiser bike, and when she was away i used to ride it in secret lol!..... :roll:
I seriously dreamed on having one. My dad used to buy bikes for us but always mountain bikes, i liked them but didnt love them.although I never found a place to buy one, and besides im sure my mom and dad wouldve said why buying an old, heavy bike if you can get a brand new pretty, light and fast bike with a couple of more bucks....

so yeah...finally i saved up some money cos I started working freelance, so i had a MUST BUYY LIST, some of the stuff listed was an ipod classic, nano and touch, a vintage camera, some touch screen cellphones, (I bought all that stuff and then sold it, I just wanted to have it and feel them and own them lol) and finally a vintage bike! I wanted one like forever and finally i had my own money to invest and get what I wanted, over here in Mexico City, they are becoming hip, which I hate but on the other hand love cos now it was easier to find one. Ive been looking for one for the last 2 months. Some of them were way to expensive and someothers were chinesse and new, not vintage.
So finally a week ago I found a guy who fixes bikes, and he had one on sale, a 1960 blue one size 24, he brought it yeaterday so I could feel it and fall inlove, which I did, it had everything original!..even the net that used to be on the wheels...well a sort of net that used to hold from the fender and go down to the center of the wheel, do you know what i mean?
anyways, it looks like this:

BICI-CLASICA3.jpg

I tried it and loved it!!!!! specially that most of it is original!..but after i rode it I didnt like it too much, cos of the handle, it is too short, and the bike is also kinda short, so when i tired to turn it hit my knee and it has some rust on it.

He took the bike with him to clean it and all that, i askedd him to keep the original color, so we was just going to paint the back rack in white to match the back fender. Its suppoused to be ready bu tuesday! on my bday. I eas going to buy that one for $1300 MX pesos, which is something like $100 dlls
But today i was randomly looking for one, just in case i found one as cheap as that one, or cheaper and bigger. And bam!!

I found this beauty

IMGP1705.jpg

IMGP1704.jpg

Although it is a Benotto, it has a serial mumber which I dont know what it means, although i think the woman who sold it to me bought it way cheaper thatnwhat i paid, i paid around 70 dlls. It doesnt have to much rust, it rides smooth, and is in a very good condition. Id like to fix just a couple of things, but minor..

thaks for reading!

Cool that you've got yourself nice bikes! :) Sadly, the pics don't seem to work...and I want to see your bikes! :wink:

hahahaa thanks, ive been editing like a 1000000 times! doing the copy paste over and over and over lol. finally got it.... :wink:

And there they are!! It worked the 1000001st time! :lol: Nice bikes, especially the first one! But you know, the second one could become really cool too if you customize it a little... :wink: Start building!! :D

lolita2ndfloor said:
...it had everything original!..even the net that used to be on the wheels...well a sort of net that used to hold from the fender and go down to the center of the wheel, do you know what i mean?
anyways, it looks like this:

BICI-CLASICA3.jpg

First: Happy Birthday! (Feliz Cumpleanos! Is that right? :oops: ) Next: Is there any way you can get a good picture of the "net that used to be on the wheels" ? I have and old ladies bike that USED to have something like that, it's called a "skirt guard", you know...so a ladies skirt/dress won't get caught up in the rear wheel. But the one on my bike is missing and I'm trying to re-produce it. Here are some pics of the bike:

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

It's so cool to read how excited you are about old bikes! :mrgreen: This is a great site and there's lot's of great people here! You might want to check out this thread:
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16043

Muy bonita! I like the pink and white bike even more because it is somewhat unique. Lots of Scwhinns out there on the road but you'll stand out a bit on that one!

that benotto is so flipping sweet Thats what I ride a benotto modello 800 Have you got any more pictures of it? any idea if its an itallian one or a mexican one? one more question does it have the heart cut out ?

bikeriderx, ill take pictures of the skirtward and post them tomorrow, or on wednesday :wink: by the way WOW i love the bike, and i would love a "lantern"or "light", or the thingy that used to be a light, lol that is placed on your bikes handle i would love one of those on mine.

thankss for the good comments and the feliz cumpleanos one lol, thats the right way! thanks!!

i have a couple of more pics, ill post them in a bit, lol
it had a serial number under the saddle it is 206695, i have no idea what it means, i dont even know the year or anything, though it looks 70-80s to me....but im lost there. I have no idea if its mexican or italian, i guess its mexican since im in mexico :lol:
i was googling a vintage cruiser benotto and didnt find anything, i wonder if thats the name.

thanks alot, ill be posting more pics, includiing the skirt ward, i want one on the pink bike now., lol

cheers

nice! its literally a skirt gaurd.. :lol: they had those to keep girls skirts from getting caught in the spokes.

MUCHO, MUCHO, MUCHO Gracias!!! :mrgreen: Los fotos esta bien practico!! Muy bien ejecucion! Grasias! Yo hablando a avanzado maestra! :mrgreen:

Very nice!!!! I can tell you are happy to find your bikes, just from how you talk about them. It's always nice to see someone as happy as I am with their finds.

Latest posts

Back