Finally Got a Zep

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Ive wanted a Zep style bike forever but never found myself in the right place at the right time and for the right price before today. This hung in the garage of the original owner until his son took it down recently to sell for him. Its a pretty basic version with no bells and whistles but Im more than happy to finally have one. The head badge is missing so I have no idea what name it was sold under but I do dig that DP Harris sprocket! Is there any way to date these or any guesses on the year? Late 30s I would presume?

001.jpg

Also grabbed this horn today too.
002.jpg

Awesome find, Brian :wink: All that needs is some grips and a polish 8)

I always wanted a Zep frame as well, just waiting for my time to come :mrgreen:

Thanks Tin and Nick. Even after being away from here for a bit I can still count on you two to be the first to check out my posts and comment on them. :D

This is one of my favorite frames I've been trying to latch onto as well. My guess would be '36-38 since it's got dropstand tangs built in. Enjoy!

sandmountainslim said:
Bri-in-RI said:

Your horn is an exact match for my headlight!!! Wonder who made them?

In the remaining part of Bri's decal, you can see a big "EA". The horn and light are EA labs :wink:

Jpromo said:
sandmountainslim said:
Bri-in-RI said:

Your horn is an exact match for my headlight!!! Wonder who made them?

In the remaining part of Bri's decal, you can see a big "EA". The horn and light are EA labs :wink:

Nice!! Mine has a fragment of yellow decal also but not enough to read.

Bri-in-RI said:
Thanks Tin and Nick. Even after being away from here for a bit I can still count on you two to be the first to check out my posts and comment on them. :D

Ha ha, thanks :mrgreen: I always know you find cool bikes so I have to look :D

Great looking find!! I love the flow of that frame!!

Latest posts

Back