FINISHED!!!...30s Aero Flyer Board Tracker...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha...I 've seen lots of photos of old racing motorcycles held together with friction tape, just seemed natural...my secret for making rust fast is vinegar!...that paint can lid was new when I started...steel wool (coarse) it first, get it nice and scratchy, then a few squirts of vinegar from a spray bottle...couple times a day for 2-3 days...should be pretty rusty for sure...and for stuff that won't rust, soak the steel wool in vinegar for a couple days...let it dry, then soak up some water and squeeze the rust juice out of the wool onto whatever you want to scuzz-up...when it dries it's sorta dusty and you can smear it around with your fingers...that's what I did to "dirty up" the friction tape...I learned the vinegar trick from some old guy when I was restoring Antique Furniture...a drop of Vinegar will rust a Nail-Head overnite!...THANKS for the compliments!
bikee3.jpg

Very cool! I love the paint can lid number plate and I think I may use that on the board tracker project I am working on now!

That bike is a work of art!!!!
I love the paint can lid number plate among other wicked details!!!

the truss rods are off Mrs Buckchocolates garden bike...the bracket was rusted on and I couldn't remove it...I figured I'd be using the friction tape to disguise some sort of connection...when I attached them to the front wheel they were at bar height so I took a chance, pretty much got lucky on that one...the number for the paint can lid is on paper cut in a circle...I googled some number fonts and chose that one (no particular reason)...ran it on the copy machine, cut it and pasted it on...squeezed-out a fresh bach of rust juice and a spit (for good luck!)...

Wow! This is one of the best looking builds I've ever seen! I love it!

Back