firestone featherweight

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got this for 30 dollars today off craigslist from thee nicest lady i have ever met. i talked to her for about a hour while going through various tools she was selling and by the end of it she gave me a kiss on the cheek and wanted me to come back soon.

photo-26.jpg

i took it for a spin on her blacktop drive way and while i was going down the tires slipped when i turned to the left slightly. i was able to put my left foot down on the ground swing my right foot over the bike and made the bike do a wheelie so i didnt eat poop.

after that mishap i looked at the tires which i am assuming are made by firestone? they are really hard rubber and smooth with 3 or 4 grooves running around them. not much grip i noticed. any idea why the tires are like that? they dont seem very worn at all.

Somehow I don`t thing that name dosn`t suit the bike. lol even the `lightweight` bikes are fairly heavy lol buess back in the day it was. cook bike, I dig the color

Fyi, it's a Snyder built, or imported bike, the chain ring and guard are giveaways. They made bikes for Firestone from 58- early 60s-ish. -Adam

Back