Firewing 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe (2nd) - 3/15 TRADED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-5/26 Skirt Braces Done +Mo Mocks

Laurie Thom said:
I love red. This looks great!

Momma JATS

Thanks, but I'm not using this wheelset. I still have to lace up the old rusty rims to new hubs and mount the brick red typhoon tires.

I'm loving being able to watch the method behind your madness, every year you blow my mind pushing the limit of velocipedal oddity further and further, can't wait to see the finished product.

LukeTheJoker said:
You have some crazy ideas Mr Fish!
Loving the seat springs...

That's what you get when you dring a big bottle of Belgian strong ale and chase it with a small bottle of black lager.

IMG_2238_zps07f566a8.jpg

Missing Link said:
I'm loving being able to watch the method behind your madness, every year you blow my mind pushing the limit of velocipedal oddity further and further, can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks a lot buddy! Glad you're having fun, because I know that I am.
Don't know how much method there is to it though. For this build I have a pretty good mental picture of what I want it to be, but it still involves a lot of sitting back and thinking and listening to what others say about the build and what the build sorta tells you to do. The other fun part is just looking around the shop and picking up something and wondering, how could I use this and then throwing it up and seeing if it sticks.

I'm still not sure with the windscreen. - WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK???

I do like the headlight though (once I age it).

Critter1 said:
Maybe build off 9 should be called The Hangover!

hangover1.jpg

MAN YOU PUTTING THE KITCHEN SINK ON YA BIKE B!! LOOKS GREAT. GO WITH THE WIND SCREEN AND SEE HOW IT LOOKS. CRANK UP THAT BREAKUP SONG BY GREG KIHN AND GTB!! PEACE

JAAAAAAAKKKKKKE.!
IS THIS A TEASER OR IS MY BUILD BROTHA FINALLY BACK?

I'm liking the the windshield and cow bell. Will be interesting to see final result.

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-5/27 Chainring Seat Attached

I was looking around for some piece of metal to use for the top brace of my seat springs and noticed a Murray chainring lying around and a light bulb went off. :idea: Ended up using this chainring instead.

Took another one of the nail stoppers and made a brace for the nanner.

Bolted up the front spring too.

This seat is under a lot of tension. I even had to screw down the springs a bit to get it all lined up.

Tested out the Rustoleum Primer and it's a decent match with the chainguard.

Sprayed some wire mesh that I picked up from one of the art student yard sales. Did some temp mounting of the wind "screeen".

Threw this on there just to be goofy. It ain't staying.

I like how the lines of the headlight mimic the tank, so I taped it up to get a feel for how the FireWing design will work on it.
I hate the Green and Red boat nav shading on the lense. That will definitely be going back to clear.
I'll rusty up this light to match the fender and tank.

rub the red oxide primer with some old grease or oil and it should be close to the chain guard or some dark mahogany stain

dragnusa said:
rub the red oxide primer with some old grease or oil and it should be close to the chain guard

You read my mind.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Hey dude, clear coat over that primer 'darkens' it a bit too.

Lovin' this bike!

Cheers,
Dr. T
Hey Doc DON'T ENCOURAGE HIM!! HE'S LIKE SOME SORTA MAD SCIENTIST. PROFESSOR WEIRDO OR SIMON BAR SINISTER. HAHAHA GREAT WORK B!!

Dude whats up with the sharp things at the back of the seat? you did it on flexi to :lol: love the design an act of brilliance to say the least!!
the wind screen is cool! but with Luke on the missing something but you'll figure it out!! :lol: :lol: Sweet sweet build man :!: :!:

Troy

LOVE the cowbell. I'm totally stealing that for my bike. Bells are a necessity here due to the idiot tourists who can't figure out which is the boardwalk and which is the bike path; even though the bike path is asphalt, has lines painted on it and pictogram signs showing which is which. :shock:

Wicked looking beyond thunder dome look!

rat-a-tac said:
Wicked looking beyond thunder dome look!

200 bikes enter, ONE bike leaves! :mrgreen:

Back