Firewing 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe (2nd) - 3/15 TRADED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-6/28 Urban Paint Booth

Broke down the rear fender and skirts, sanded and taped the fender and took it out to my Urban Paint Booth to lay some flat black on it.

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-6/26 Flame Skirts Mounted

Jake Sensi said:
WELL SINCE I HAVE "ITS CLOBBERING TIME"!! I GUESS ITS FITTING THAT YOU HAVE "FLAME ON"!! YBJ2B PEACE

If we can get Uncle Stretch to play Mr. Fantastic and Hot Rod Jen to play the Invisible Woman, we could have a Fantastic Four. :p

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-6/26 Flame Skirts Mounted

LukeTheJoker said:
Loving the flames Mr KingFish! :wink: Luke.

Thanks Luke. Did you ever see the "Badpiper" from Oz Has Talent? I love the flame throwing bagpipes playing Thunderstruck.

:arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Op1Mng4oY

1011708_566732786699053_991056644_n.png

MplsCoaster said:
Flames extensions on the fender skirts look great!
Awesome urban paint booth :lol:

The top of one of the trash cans now has a cool flame design from when I painted the flame skirts.

kingfish254 said:
Broke down the rear fender and skirts, sanded and taped the fender and took it out to my Urban Paint Booth to lay some flat black on it.

Hmmmmm....what no spare bathroom to destroy? *cough* *cough* I mean remodel! :lol:

Momma JATS

Laurie Thom said:
kingfish254 said:

Hmmmmm....what no spare bathroom to destroy? *cough* *cough* I mean remodel! :lol:

Momma JATS

Funny you should say that.
The bathroom in my shop is my paint drying booth.

I finished cutting the left side flame skirts and laid one coat of paint on them. I love the flames, but I do NOT like cutting them out. It's a tedious job even though this set went a lot faster.

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-6/30 Shiny Bars + Fender Flames

Cleaned the paint from the Billy Goat Bars (this photo just shows one side done). The chrome is in excellent shape. The bars are beat up here and there, but shiny.

I painted the front section of the front fender with the primer red yesterday. It's gonna be the background color for the fender accents.
Taped off the stripes

Then I used a leftover Flexy sticker to cut out some flames. Used these to mask off the flames accents.

Went outside to my urban paint booth and laid down some black and wondered why it was still shiny an hour later. Turns out, I put a flat black lid on a can of gloss black paint. :x

Sanded it later and laid down the flat black. Then after a little drying I peeled the mask away.

Nice job on the flames! 8)

Smoopy's said:
LukeTheJoker said:
Nice work! Have you thought about a colour to pinstripe between the flames and the flat black?

Luke.

+1 and ivory stripe around the details would really make it stand out

I plan to do exactly that when I break out the pinstriping paint for the tank and other accents.

WP_002238_zps27dc5baf.jpg

Took a break from FireWing tonight to polish up my 1998 GT Show Fresh Find
:arrow: viewtopic.php?p=720865#p720865

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-7/3 Tank Feathers and Flames

Took another break from FireWing tonight because I really want to put my Flexy seat back together. Basically I plan to skin the underside with a matching underside that I picked up from Double Nickel. It should fit nicely and support the split in the metal of the painted Flexy saddle pan.

Back