Firewing 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe (2nd) - 3/15 TRADED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-6/22 Flame Skirts

noodlenoggin said:
Those flames are great -- I love how you've bent 'em so they have texture.

My oldest daughter says "that's cool, I want that bike...like, a girl version of it." :D

THANKS!
The bends and twists are actually a cool effect of cutting the flames with all of those small radius cuts.
Looks like you have your work cut out for you in building a ladies FireWing for your daughter. :mrgreen:
Tell her thank you for that awesome compliment!

:lol: Well done, try cutting them out of 3 + 5 mm sheet metal.... :wink:

On another note,notice that the gallery hasn't been updated with B0#7's finalist pics...Do you know if Steve is going to do that?

noodlenoggin said:

My oldest daughter says "that's cool, I want that bike...like, a girl version of it." :D
WELL DONE B! THIS COMPLIMENT WAS THE BEST SO FAR HUH?!? DID YA LIKE THAT LAST CUT OF MUSIC. GO!!! YA KWAZY WRATTER!! PEACE

Funkme said:

On another note,notice that the gallery hasn't been updated with B0#7's finalist pics...Do you know if Steve is going to do that?

At least you didn't have to use scissors for yours.
In regards to the gallery section, see this thread. :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65090&hilit=+build+off+7+gallery

Lowlife Lucas said:

Jake Sensi said:
noodlenoggin said:

WELL DONE B! THIS COMPLIMENT WAS THE BEST SO FAR HUH?!? DID YA LIKE THAT LAST CUT OF MUSIC. GO!!! YA KWAZY WRATTER!! PEACE

Gold Street Customs said:
Flames look great, just watch moving the bike around, (they look kinda sharp)

Thanks all! I really did like the comment from noodles daughter.
The flames are pretty sharp, but it is thin flashing, so I'm not worried about blood.
I have drawn blood a few time with the pointy cocktail shaker rear springer cover from Flexy!

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-6/26 Flame Skirts Mounted

Been gone for a couple of days.
Trimmed the flame skirts to fit and lined up the back in black section with the red rocker fronts then drilled the spacer studs. Just using #4 screws with extra nuts for spacers to give more of a 3-D effect between the red and black.

Looks great! I dig the flames :mrgreen:

Flames looking good, flames are good.

kingfish254 said:
Funkme said:

In regards to the gallery section, see this thread. :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65090&hilit=+build+off+7+gallery

Oh so I'm not the only one wondering about the gallery.... :D
Your bike looks great, with flames coming out of your rear end...Will make it go faster.... :wink: :lol: :lol:

kingfish254 said:
Funkme said:

Oh so I'm not the only one wondering about the gallery.... :D
Your bike looks great, with flames coming out of your rear end...Will make it go faster.... :wink: :lol: :lol:

The flames are a perfect touch, especially with the 3-D effect! 8)

That's cool work with the flames, I dig it. I like the 3D effect and the depth it adds. One could argue that you could've called it good enough 15 pages ago, but you keep finding new ways to up the ante. The rest of us will just have to work harder, I guess... :mrgreen:

expjawa said:
That's cool work with the flames, I dig it. I like the 3D effect and the depth it adds. One could argue that you could've called it good enough 15 pages ago, but you keep finding new ways to up the ante. The rest of us will just have to work harder, I guess... :mrgreen:

GOOD ENOUGH?????? Naw, I ain't quite there yet. :D Plus, I am shooting for something a little better than "good enough" :p
I still need to paint the fenders, LED-ize and mount the Chrysler taillight, paint the FireWing graphics on the tank and elsewhere, mount up the stckshift and cabling, etc, etc, etc,,,,,,,,

Brian that's looking pret-ty cool.

tanksalot said:
Those skirts are outstanding cool !! :shock:

junknutz1975 said:
Looks great! I dig the flames :mrgreen:

MazdaFlyer said:
Flames looking good, flames are good.

Funkme said:

I see that you are in on that secret since you have a flaming butt seat on your build.

sleepy said:
The flames are a perfect touch, especially with the 3-D effect! 8)

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Brian that's looking pret-ty cool.

Thanks everyone. I am pretty pleased with the way the 3-D Flames came out too. I'll add some paint accents to them when I get to that step in the build.

WELL SINCE I HAVE "ITS CLOBBERING TIME"!! I GUESS ITS FITTING THAT YOU HAVE "FLAME ON"!! YBJ2B PEACE

Back