Firewing II - BO8 Bike Mods- St Pats Trade, yes I am Trading Firewing!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know some people where shocked when I traded Fugsley, well now I am trading my 2nd Place Build Off bike Firewing. I love the bike and feel it is the best bike that I have built so far, but I have been thinking about selling it recently. Today I saw Tpender had his awesome 1936 Silver King for sale/trade. Well, we struck a deal and this beauty will be headed my way.

DSCF4209.jpg

there's something Zen about putting so much time, effort and money into something and then getting rid of it. Hope you enjoy your new ride.

there's something Zen about putting so much time, effort and money into something and then getting rid of it. Hope you enjoy your new ride.

Your right, it hurts, but it also comes with a great sense of satisfaction and validation when someone else appreciates something that you put so much of yourself into to create.

I thought it was so cool when my buddy bought BEER RUN from me and hung it in his pizza joint, but a cooler story was a year later, my neighbor's son told him he had to go to Your Pie Pizza and see this wild and cool bike that was hanging from the ceiling. The kid flipped out when I told him that I built it.

I was also blown away last year when Nick dug Fugsley so much that he drove all the way from Tampa sick as a dog to trade with me. I still can't believe that he fit that bike in the back of his car.

Tony paid me the biggest compliment tonight when I was on the phone with him. Talking with him, I could tell he had been around old bikes for a while, so when he told me he felt that Firewing was going to be one of his long time "keepers", I was speechless and humbled.

So to get back to your Zen reference Ian, there is a bit of a Yin and Yang or Circle of Life vibe about passing on our creations.

Your right, it hurts, but it also comes with a great sense of satisfaction and validation when someone else appreciates something that you put so much of yourself into to create.
:thumbsup: Totally agree King! I still miss my "50 years" build but I was talking to Joe a couple of weeks ago and he loves it, a friend of his even offered $1500 for it and he turned them down, said he we keep it no matter what the offer "Not for sale!"

Good to see someone else using our bikes and loving them!

Luke.

Back