First build up....ever

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, finally decided to test to see if this crap bike was metal and not ally.......it is :). This means I stripped it down and started thinkin about it. Plan is to get some gas pipe asap and do a bit of re figuring, for a burrito style build. Low, long, and not exactly easy to ride :)

IMG00189-20100404-1719.jpg

IMG00188-20100404-1718.jpg

26071_10150168614275607_55862060-1.jpg

and for anyone wondering about the truck...
26071_10150168073440607_558620606_11813917_6417796_n.jpg

I got it out....probably the wrong way but it's out haha. thanks for the link. Maybe when I go to put it in, I can buy a crank putter inner! :mrgreen:

pics!

26071_10150168674025607_558620606_1.jpg

26071_10150168672875607_558620606_1.jpg

Nothing sweeter than chopping up a bike that still has the TAGS on it!!! :lol: And that's one seriously LOW 'yota! :shock: -Adam

i was asked about the bike being new already and well...it wasn't "new" exactly. the rear wheel was jacked for another bike and that's a 24" on the back, leaving the brakes worthless and a few other things wrong with it. I don't know if this is going to work but it gets me in the garage working on something while I wait on parts for the toyota :)

i've been going on the toyota for about 3 years now and it's still probably 6 years out of being finished. little by little it shows it's progress. 9 grand later too :) hahah

26071_10150168795800607_558620606_1.jpg

here's an idea of what im lookin at. I am going to get some gas pipe soon and lay out how that angle iron is layed. don't mind it, it's getting replaced with round pipe.I may just run a straight piece from the head tube to the seat post for simplicity sake. i'm about to start drawing and see what I come up with.

You get me goin on the truck and I won't stop!

It's a 1985 Toyota, full frame out of 2x3 from the firewall back to the bumper. It's 4 linked in the rear with the bags on the lower bars. Floor isn't cut yet, but it will lay mid rocker when it's done on the wheels it has.

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

l_fc503d8cff4b4e158f7dae0a029b8565.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

4227_205266995606_558620606_7068901_7677025_n.jpg

4227_205267045606_558620606_7068909_2912729_n.jpg

gotta love a slammed truck. i got a stock '95 s-10, begging to be fixed up and dropped. now im not a fan of imports, but i would drive that thing. thats gotta mean somethin. :wink: love the latch idea, what are they?

ohh. i thought you welded on two old fridge latches. :lol: thats what i thought they were.

I dont suppose you have any pics of that toyota frame before you chopped it up? I've been thinking about using one for a hot rod project (helps with the paperwork to get it legal) but I can never find a full frame picture.

You definitely know your way around a welder, I cant wait to see what you do with that Huffy!

I don't have a picture of the frame, but I do have a schematic with general measurements if that would help. That being said, I would rather see an s10 frame under a hot rod. Toyota maybe if it were foreign blooded hot rodding...just my opinion.

I didn't build the Toyota, a guy in TN did all the frame work. Long drawn out ordeal that could have moved smoother but the story is worthless. Guess I should have mentioned I didn't do the frame work.

Looks like a really cool bike project for a first time build. I am still working on my first bike project too but I have already been thinking hard about what I want to build after I finish it, and a Burrito Bike in near the top of the list. Honestly I had never even heard of such a thing until I came to this forum but they seem like so much fun, especially for someone who is into minitrucks..

Speaking of which your truck is awesome. I have a S-10 and I can only dream of laying rocker with it. Right now it is just static dropped and it's my daily driver. Hopefully though someday soon I will be able to pick up a new daily and make it my project truck. Untill then I will keep building crazy bikes in my free time.

Got any pics of that s10? Anything else done to it other than the drop? I'm not one of those guys that get my truck layin rocker and think all else fails. I love budget trucks more than anything; mine is somewhat of a budget truck but a bit more than what I planned to spend when I started. I guess it's a "well above my initial budget" build.

I hope to get it primed within the next month, some form of blue....it's all up to how the primer mixes with the paint I bought. I think if this works out well, another burrito is in the works as I have this cheap Jeep 24" that the pedal just broke on and instead of buying new pedals I will probably buy some pipe and build my brother a bike, or sell it on craigslist.

pre20100321144758.jpg

This is the only good pic that I have handy right now. And trust me I know where you are coming from, if anything is a budget build this truck definitely is. It's taken me about 3 years to get it from stock to where it is now, which unfortunately in the grand scheme of things isn't really that far. Right now I am just kind of going for a really subtle custom look, kind of like it could have rolled out of the factory looking like this. Just a few of the exterior changes include swapping over to an Oldsmobile Bravada front grill and bumper and a Sonoma hood and headlights, Xtreme wheels with the centers painted black, a roll pan, a hard flush mount tonneau, and some SS style mirrors. I have done a lot of little stuff to the interior also like swapping out the stock bench for buckets from a Pontiac Sunfire, adding in a center console, and making a custom pool ball shift knob.

There are so many little things that I have done to personalize this truck that I could easily write a short novel on the subject, but it's still no where as sweet as your truck. When it comes down to it though right now it's really just my very customized unique work/beater truck. It looks good from a distance but up close you can see it has a ton of dents and dings and desperately needs a new paint job. Still for now I'll just keep tinkering on it and having fun with it.

you have yourself a cool little truck there. i've always been a sucker for brevada grills. the only reason my truck is how it is, is because i had the front bagged, tried to Z the frame and twisted everything like a pretzel when i had an offer to have it fully welded by a shop. that left me taking out a loan to have it stock floored and i haven't really driven it since. it's been ~1.5 years since it's been full time on the road. hoping to get it back to that point in just a week or two.

Back