FIRST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH!!!!!! NOVEMBER 5th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FIRST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH!!!!!!AUGUST 6th

The weather looks like it should be good enough to ride. The new steed fell through,,aka I figured out I didn't like it that much....... Still riding the space racer de-luxe !!!!!!!!!!!!

^^ I'm sure you'll find new ways to get hurt on it.

I don't know what the tides are tonight, but we might do some bike swimming !!!!!! We are going to chaffinch island again.

Top 10 Things I Learned at Last Night's Ride:

1 - Boskipper has a pretty big crew of serious riders down there.
2 - When asked by an officer what you are drinking in a parking lot, the proper responce is NOT "Looks like a beer, stupid".
3 - Some people cannot spell pirate
4 - Everybody enjoys a good ole skidding competition
5 - Brian (stickit) REALLY likes Ian (wait for the picture)
6 - You can get great food, but slow service at an Irish bar
7 - If you complain about #6, you get free beer
8 - Night time rides could really use some lighting for the bikes
9 - Guilford is a long way from my house
10 - The most important thing I learned...Boskipper likes ice cream as much as I do!

I had an awesome time last night! Nice to meet all of you. Made it home around 3:30 AM but I still managed to get up at 6:30 for work today. :mrgreen:

Dan

Yeah that was a good time. Good size crew and cool people no doubt. What I learned from last night was this,

1 )When offered a beer outside in a public place, check twice for cop's then pound the beer!
2 )Never ask a police officer in uniform if he wants a beer :(
3 )Never position yourself in a precarious position during a photo op :shock:
4 )Beer is good
5 )RRB members are a great crew!!
6 )Beer is good
7 )Police frown on public drinking and make you pour it out :x
8 )Beer is good
9 )Bla Bla Bla
10)I have nothing for #10 but beer is good

oh my aching head. be quiet you guys.

Yeah.... I wound up closing shepard's tavern last night with my girlfriend.... Overall though I had a great time on that ride !!!!
Working on the pics.

So while Dan and I were drivin home, Dan says, "yeah Ian is home sleeping already....%^*$# !!!!!". So another 2 hrs later we finally get home AND unload all 4 bikes at 3:30 in the morning. I do believe the sun was coming up. I didn't even get enough sleep for eye boogers to form :lol:
So the shepards pie was good but it still didn't top that burger and beer we had on that North Hampton MA ride. Hey Boskipper, did you end up using the free beer tags?

i had to go. I couldn't stay awake. That was the best shepard's pie I ever had by the way.

ok, pictures.

Joe's (yeshoney) first rat choice for the evening

3798488758_dbe77c3f29_b.jpg

CJ (cody james) feeling small next to the genetic misfit's (thatismytruck) electra

3798490010_58496af85d_b.jpg

Skip (thatismytruck) carbo-loading (carbo loaded?) and test riding my louver bike

3798491348_ebb0e4b473_b.jpg

my rat for the night

3797671391_1f063958ac_b.jpg

first stop at the park on the water. nice place.

3797676651_d3c843c48b_b.jpg

nautical lighting, appropriate for Guilford

3797677993_8702652d5e_b.jpg

gotta call Bob and see how the twig and berries are doing after destroying my seat post and leather saddle in a wash-out ditch

3797679255_5985376878_b.jpg

Guilford Fair
yeshoney, stickit, danimal

3797681815_ca83edd85d_b.jpg

stickit (Brian)

3798500888_2ba3609e1c_b.jpg

stickit, danimal, yeshoney, ifitsfreeitsforme

3797685751_2c5c35511a_b.jpg

i smell a rat. Guilford Fair-bonics:

3797688473_cb6eb63c45_b.jpg

ice cream stop. we totally violated there parking lot with skids.

3797690797_45567e0c7c_b.jpg

3798508708_e009fd8f20_b.jpg

3797695759_49296db8e2_b.jpg

3797698397_1967812cb4_b.jpg

jeeze Bri, the least you could'a done is buy me dinner after this:

3798516040_47f83ac49f_b.jpg

3798517234_39172e4566_b.jpg

why yes Brian, that bike does make your butt look big...

3798522242_ba184db693_b.jpg

after visiting the docks there were vampires following us back to town

3798520930_83ec37fa1c_b.jpg

I HAZ PHREE BEER>!!

3798525832_85577cb48f_b.jpg

Some things I learned last night:

I can make the pedals and chain ring hit the pavement when I sit on a bike made from a leaf spring.
Said bike is then unrideable by said fat guy.
Dan is still taller than me.
When in a public parking lot, and you are holding the last beer, and you see a cop, hand said beer to the guy from out of town.
One slightly heavier than average guy from Boston can bend the seat post on a bike with his private parts.
Joe's pieced together bike is very cool.
10 kids in a parking lot will flock to the back of my truck when My Sized Muscle Bike and my Rockabilly Boogie are on the rack.
Said kids still bolt when they hear an ice cream truck.
Miller Lite is an unacceptable beverage according to Ian.
If you are coming from New Hampshire to Guilford for a ride that starts at 6:30PM, leave work early.
The horse flies and mosquitoes at the park will suck all the blood out of a person in 3 minutes.
The industrial bug repellent Bo had is so strong it might repel small aircraft. It certainly will repel all women.

Bo is a very good host.

And now for some more photos:
Some pre-ride carbo-loading
DSC03371.jpg

"I swear! I did this stoppy and the rear wheel was THIS high!!"
DSC03372.jpg

The ride:
DSC03373.jpg

DSC03375.jpg

DSC03376.jpg

The trike broke!! He managed to get it going almost right away with a temp repair.
DSC03378.jpg

We had a family "Tag-a-Long".
DSC03379.jpg

DSC03381.jpg

DSC03383.jpg

^^^ This one is for Brian. I understand he likes this view. :shock:

Time to rest the bikes at the park, and continue to carbo-load, and fix the trike a smidge more permanently and apply industrial bug repellent.
DSC03384.jpg

DSC03385.jpg

DSC03386.jpg

DSC03387.jpg

DSC03388.jpg

DSC03390.jpg

DSC03392.jpg

DSC03393.jpg

CJ, Bawb, Ian and Me.
DSC03396.jpg

Ya know Ian, I don't think my butt is big in that picture. Its just poor lighting......or something :lol: Great pics man. I dig the motion pics that are slightly blurred. Wicked cool.

That family with the trail-a-bike was here form Dublin...They get the distance award !!!!!!!

wow, no kidding. They handily beat out the New Hampshire and Hopkinton, MA commuters.

having rat cruises on school nights is cruel. taking pictures of your work mates catching up on missed sleep because they were out too late rat riding is crueler.

3798942138_ecaff29b63_b.jpg

Very cool ridin' with everyone! BO was a great host and the gang from the Broken Spoke and Guilford showed us a great time.

Things I learned last night:

1. Augers Irish Pub has the best Blue Cheese Bacon Burger cooked by a very nice bar tender lady!
2. Kids and adults can't help sayin' "Cool Bike!" to Brian's leaf spring bike!
3. The old man (early 80's?) outside Ashley's Ice Cream I was talking to said "NO! when I asked him if he would like to ride the Leaf Spring bike. Now I know why! LOL
4. Drainage gullies are best passed on bicycles with CAUTION! Which means NO Jumps or SPEEDING! That is if you like your seat post in the upright position. Singing soprano and The Sopranos are two distinctly different things!
5. Skip is very beer conscious. He noticed my hand was empty and promptly filled it with a 12oz.er
6. When the cop asks what is in the bottle, make sure you turn and face said person and identify who it is before you offer them one. I am sure he impressed with your manners Brian!
7. Higgins BeeHive springers are made for people under 120 pounds, not big guys riding over speed bumps!
8. Lights on pitch black roads help
9. The saddle bag on Ian's Roadmaster is not just for looks!
10. Dan and Brian are HARDCORE rat Riders to come all the way from Hew Hampshire to ride with us!

Thanks everyone!

Joe :)

Another reason why I do not miss drinking anymore!
ifitsfreeitsforme said:
having rat cruises on school nights is cruel. taking pictures of your work mates catching up on missed sleep because they were out too late rat riding is crueler.

3798942138_ecaff29b63_b.jpg

Back