first time forum from OZ - show off APEs build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

I'm from down under or OZ my first bike a Malverstar Dragstar quickly got modified for what was a primeval BMX with motocross handle bars and a quilted solo seat at 8 or 9 yrs old that just ripped and we emulated many famous speed way solo riders of the 70's era on our home made dirt tracks and trail rides through the escarpment bush land and pea gravel roads

I Have been watching this forum for long time now and interested in building bikes for lot longer

Just had the urge to do so and show off some builds over next few weeks
and get some feed back, may be for some inspiration to build some more "oh Happy dayz"

ill apologise now if i take time replying to comments or do the wrong things here as this is the first forum i have ever been on
ill also thank my future friends on this site who give me a hand or good tips :)

now ill try stick some photos up

IMG_1554.jpg
[/img]

Her is an Ape I like to call the Joker its built to human limits and is still very ride able. The only change so far to her is granny cog permitting full gear range on soft ground or on slope
some time the seat needs a bit of "cleanching"

Welcome! :)
ragz2richzapes said:
IMG_1554.jpg

Her is an Ape I like to call the Joker its built to human limits and is still very ride able. The only change so far to her is granny cog permitting full gear range on soft ground or on slope
some time the seat needs a bit of "cleanching"

Oh my! Does it turn? :D Looks really cool!

Scooter tires would look nice too! :)
There'll be more comments coming, for sure, when more people see that bike!

WELCOME!...I love it!.........I wanna ride it!

Mass answers

1 kick stand not visable in photo have to get a close up
2 wish for F1 brakes time frame to build for show was very close and these little stoppers were the best i could do - i think they looked pretty snazzy
3 you tube may be weekend
4 come visit Western Australia and i'll gladly give you a ride
5 another picture of first bike built for my son

IMG_1632mod.jpg

very easy to ride with 6 speed cluster on jack shaft and 15" tyre and rim hacked and laced by myself

the young fella pretty happy with the end result :)

gday there rags to riches my first time to post iam in esperance west oz like the bikes did you do the back wheels an front or who did you get an what did it cost
cheers roundy

roundy said:
gday there rags to riches my first time to post iam in esperance west oz like the bikes did you do the back wheels an front or who did you get an what did it cost
cheers roundy
Hi neighbour - I cut the centres out of 13"s drilled and laced after i found one of the last remaining custom spoke thread guy's in West OZ now hes gone too! Back up plan in place have tool on its way to do my own Those avons were pretty nasty going on and trying to pop the bead may be scooters would have been easier but Ya work with what ya got
B C N U round :)

ragz2richzapes said:
roundy said:
cheers roundy
Hi neighbour - I cut the centres out of 13"s drilled and laced after i found one of the last remaining custom spoke thread guy's in West OZ now hes gone too! Back up plan in place have tool on its way to do my own Those avons were pretty nasty going on and trying to pop the bead may be scooters would have been easier but Ya work with what ya got
B C N U round :)
yeah cool no what you mean me just make .... out of clay ha ha when you inthe bush catatch you later
roundy

Back