Fix This II - 7-30 - new pics - polished up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fix This II - 6/6

Ben I like it alot Ithink the truss rods set it off. do you think you need a mtb freewheel to get a lower starting gear?

i think the truss rods look like they belong there. overall, the whole thing looks to go well together, so whatever fighting youre doing with parts that dont wanna be together is worth it. 8)

I meant like these.

DSC_4990.jpg

Hi Ben,
Bike's looking good. Seems to me like you're winning the fight.

For your brake levers, have you tried the bent BMX kind. Don't have a picture handy, but they kind of bend round a bit to flow with the bars.

Good luck on the rest of the build.

Cheers Jonnie

I love this frame, my building is on a diamond frame too, but yours is way cooler, cant wait to see more!

finally had a little time to work on this.

got the shifter from markm mounted (thanks again!)

Photo0780.jpg

got the wheel centered, just need to true it now. I'm going to run the fenders as close to the tires as I can. Gotta wait until I have the rim trued and tire aired up to finish mounting it

Photo0781.jpg

this is the only seat i have that fits the look of the bike, its very uncomfortable. if i use it i will recover it. I pounded the guts up as far as I could to give it a layed back look. if it tightens up right I'll use it

Photo0782.jpg

did a few other small things that aren't noticable as well, such as swapped the stem bolt since the other one was stripped. It actually tightens up now so my modification worked! Now the bolt barely hits the top of the truss bracket so I need to grind it down a little.

More to come

Re: Fix This II - 6/23

Lookin good Ben! With that front sprocket we may see you crusin the interstate @ highway speed!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back