Flea Market Huffy Hermosa!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Found this at the flea market.It had the rim strip hanging out of the side and I thought maybe I could use some parts kinda like the frame. Got home pull tire replace rim strip checked tube and tire no leaks put air in it, a little spray lube tires look good and I was off to my storage unit Oh yeah I payed $10.00 for it
tom5.jpg

craigsliststuff151.jpg

craigsliststuff153.jpg

craigsliststuff152.jpg

Awesome score. That frame looks just like my Electra Rally Sport frame. There are tons of cool things you could do with it. Go to the "galleries" section and check out the Electra bike pictures. Thanks for posting, I'll be on the lookout for one of those. Gary

Is that a very late American Huffy or is it post-bankruptcy era? Anyway, nice find!

I too add this to my list of bikes to get. I'd make a fake tank for the top section and go oldschool with it.

Thanks guys! I've got a ton of ideas :idea: I'm trying to make myself wait to tear into this one. I've been working two now, 60's Monark and a 62 Schwinn m/w. I started building my own wheels a couple months ago and building up little stock of wheels for all my projects never enough thanks for ck'in it out! Tom. Oh yeah when I got this at the flea market it was one aisle over from a guys that sells bike parts! :D

What do you know about the years the Hermosa was made?
I just picked one up...waited for the price to drop in the local thrift
It went to 20 bucks, and onto the car rack she went.

I Love this bike, it's Beefy and yet kinda swept back
Still haven't gotten to cleaning her up though..had a run on fix n flip kids bikes...Summer comin' and all...ya know?
best
Franco

Latest posts

Back