FNG-just found this site

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, I didn't know there were others out there like me! I found this site yesterday when I was looking for some stuff to rat one of my Black Friday Stingrays (I've got 6 of them) that I want to use for an ad photo shoot. Without a doubt this is THE best site I've found in a long time-Ive gotten dozens of ideas for bike builds already and the quality of the photography is top-notch. I'm from TX, and recently quit a long-time career in public education to pursue my lifelong dream of having my own shop. Right now, I'm pretty much just buying Harleys and old cars and selling them on the auction site, but I plan on doing a few bicycles this winter as well. Right now I'm working on a 73 Harley XLCH bobber build, A 58 Chevy Delray Rat Kustom called the "HellRay", and a Yamaha SR500 Thumper cafe racer. Once those are finished and sold, I'm planning another Harley ironhead Sportster build. OH...for the pedal-rides I've got an Electra with a springer fork that's my "daily rider", 2 Schwinn cruisers that are riders, my Dad's B.F. Goodrich bike from the 40's that's got lots of patina but has been cleaned up and rides great, a Kona singlespeed MTB, an old Roger Decoster BMX bike from when I was a kid, and various and assorted other project bikes.

Before pic of the Sportster:
pic1.jpg

a couple of during pic's:
batina010.jpg

batina006.jpg

batina011.jpg

The paint is a fake patina metalflake and satin black that I was experimenting with. Since these pic's I've cleaned up the wires on the bars and gotten rid of the seat springs-still haven't gotten around to finishing the paint because I threw the bike together to ride one weekend, and I just don't want it out of commision right now.

A few "as found" pic's of the Hellray:
rtfrontfender.jpg

rtdoors.jpg

rightquarter.jpg

trunk.jpg

Don't have any pictures of bikes except a couple of the BFK's:
blue1.jpg

Back