"For Ape Hangers Only" Club

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_6409.jpg

higginsrack5.jpg
higgins3.jpg
higginstroxel.jpg
This ol J C Higgins used to be a parts runner at Vandenberg Air Force Base!

Dr. Tankenstein said:
DSCF3056.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

Despite the fact that I haven't been here that long; I can honestly say that I remember this build.

Great bike.

It was probably covered in the initial thread; but I have to ask: Where'd you get the headlight?

You should have used a Pixie crank.

No Talent Clown said:
Jimmy the Gent said:
No Talent Clown said:

Okay; I gotta ask: Why "Franken-Ray"?

Other than I like Frankenstein, the bike has 20" wheels, a 24" frame and a 27" fork. It's made up of all different sizes and models of Schwinns.

I had a feeling that's what it was, I just wanted to make sure. It's a great bike,btw...I especially like the shifter. 8)

The headlight is from (belive it or not) Restoration Hardware! A few years back, they were marketing a cruiser made by Worksman. DonOne scored one and gave it to me as a gift.
tumblr_ksyp93J46w1qz4wu5o1_500.jpg

It's of similar construction to any chrome 'bullet' light on eBay, but seems to be made of thicker metal (doesn't crush in your hands like a pop can).

Jimmy the Gent said:
Dr. Tankenstein said:
DSCF3056.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

Despite the fact that I haven't been here that long; I can honestly say that I remember this build.

Great bike.

It was probably covered in the initial thread; but I have to ask: Where'd you get the headlight?

I have a soft spot in my heart and head for ape hangers. I don't have pics of old bikes but I have used ape hangers on bmx style and mountain bikes since I was 10,21 years later here's what I have..
This is my first chopper bike I origanly built when I was like 15.the only "newer" parts are the 3 piece crank from a Tony hawk bmx,the seat was replaced 5 or 6 years ago as well as the bars. The steering wheel front n rear rims ,sissy bar,forks and frame are all original to the first build.as she sits waiting for resto.
f53b34cc.jpg

This is project high roller
29acb531.jpg

And this is my current build the minion
60c0c1b8.jpg

Just finished it up...700c wheeled cruiser from wally world before I played with it.
p3m.jpg

p3l.jpg

Latest posts

Back