Forgotten Dahon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked and sure enough, they make a carrying bag for these folders. Under ten bucks, but had to be shipped from China.

1724764816984.jpeg

Upon further thought, I added a front brake just in case the chain comes off. I also added the rack back on since I should have plenty of room in the bike bag. I'm headed to a farm tomorrow to do some riding on this bike.

29 Aug 24 done.jpg

The rain has finally let up and I'm headed north to a new place called the Baywalk to ride. I got the wife a folder at the local bike shop. It's a cheap Chinese made bike but I like to support the local economy.
07 Sep 24c.jpg

I had all afternoon to check it out. As usual, it needed lube in a couple places and both axles were adjusted too tight.
07 Sep 24b.jpg

The disc brakes were way off and the front rotor has a slight warp. I added a sprung seat and a set of blue sided 20 x 1.75 tires. The ones on it were 1.75 but were thin. These look beefier and match the bike. The fenders are metal but the braces are too long and were bent to fit. They still don't fit right.
07 Sep 24c.jpg

I looked online and all these bikes are the same way. Along with the fenders, the little yellow reflectors were omitted and it's ready for a ride tomorrow also.
07 Sep 24a.jpg

Latest posts

Back