Found in snowbank

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In front of a house. I saw the handle bar and seat poking out the top as I drove by. I went up to the house and knocked, "not our bike", mine now! The snowbank was thawing around it and I had to pull it out! BF Goodrich Schwinn. Model? Serial # h98517. 1951? Key broken off in fork. New Departure Model D is pretty stiff. Put air in the front and rides well. My first skiptooth find!
IMG_7232.jpg

IMG_7235.jpg

IMG_7233.jpg

IMG_7236.jpg

Earlier than 51 for sure. You got a pre-war Schwinn there! :wink:

So now I need to look in melting snow banks.. for bikes....lol
Do you think if you rust bust that broken key it will come out..If so a good locksmith can cut you a key for it...?

if you dug a little deeper, you mighta found the frozen body of the person trying to ride it home in a blizzard... :lol:

A prewar Schwinn with a birdwing chainguard laying in a snowbank for free? :shock: Sorry, but I DON"T BELIEVE YOU!!! :lol: :lol: Gary

B607 said:
A prewar Schwinn with a birdwing chainguard laying in a snowbank for free? :shock: Sorry, but I DON"T BELIEVE YOU!!! :lol: :lol: Gary
Believe it! I'm still taken aback myself. I was laid off last fall and have watched many cl deals come and go. I had been a little down about it until the bicycle gods left me a gift!

bairdco said:
if you dug a little deeper, you mighta found the frozen body of the person trying to ride it home in a blizzard... :lol:
Thats Funny...good one :wink:

thirstee said:
Believe it! I'm still taken aback myself. I was laid off last fall and have watched many cl deals come and go. I had been a little down about it until the bicycle gods left me a gift!

Well, in that case, I guess you deserve it. In the days before ebay, it took me 2 years to find a birdwing chainguard...and you have one fall out of the sky. Unreal. Enjoy it! Gary

sooo lucky!! :shock: who cares its a girl bike, id ride it too!! can i get it from you for the same price? :p

Back