Found on the Rail Road tracks. Really.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Walking down the tracks on the way home the other day, and look what I stumbled across. Looked like it had been there forever, but I walk that way all the time. Obviously hadn't been ridden in a long time.......a mystery. I looked at it and thought "wow I never find bikes that old". Then I thought, "what am I, crazy?? I don't need another bike, even if it is cool." So I mustered up the strength to walk away. Then I thought "but it's FREE".....and so goes the rest of the story :lol:
newbike015.jpg

Missing the lens, not surprised

newbike017.jpg

I like the seat....it's a keeper

newbike019.jpg

newbike020.jpg

And here's the best part....it was my destiny to find this bike obviously :D
newbike022.jpg

.....although it just dawned on me.....the red paint, the skull valve cap.....it's a DEVIL BIKE, placed there to tempt me!!! EL DIABLO!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

So I haven't dated it yet, although it's obvious its a 60's Columbia. The serial # is W776397. I think I just found my next Build-Off bike! :mrgreen: What do you guys think???

Score! I always take home a free bike no matter what it is or how bad it looks. If nothing else just to strip it of tubes, bearings, bolts, and scrap the frame so I have an excuse to look around the scrapyard for other bikes.

Spokeshave said:
I never found a bike that cool just laying around. Sweet.

Neither have I! Ride it as it sits!

Latest posts

Back