Found this rust bucket..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torker's website states "Sorry but we do not have a record of serial numbers from the earliest days, and thus can not assist you in tracking what year your frame was made."

I wonder what they consider "the earliest days".

That's hard to tell, they were doing BMX in the early 80's. It wouldn't hurt to e-mail them a pic of the bike and the serial number.

SBS bought Torker in '84. SBS had a couple of ownership changes in the 90s. Accell bought SBS in '06. So, I'm sure that anything prior to '06 is ancient history for Accell (who owns Raleigh, Diamondback, Lapierre, Ghost, Haibike, Redline ,Batavus (Netherlands), Sparta (Netherlands), Koga (Netherlands), Loekie (Netherlands), Winora (Germany), Tunturi (Finland), Atala (Italy), and XLC (international)).

I've gotten aware of this conglomerate because I heard from a LBS owner, who heard from his Redline rep, that Accell is discontinuing all Redline mountain bike models...that Raleigh will be the 'mountain bike' brand for North America :envy:. I'm not much of a mountain biker...but I love the Monocogs and the new PL-26, which may be gone from here on out.

Jason

This bike is just full of surprises. The handlebars have been welded to the stem. Why....

Also, the fenders used to be blue.

I've gotten aware of this conglomerate because I heard from a LBS owner, who heard from his Redline rep, that Accell is discontinuing all Redline mountain bike models...that Raleigh will be the 'mountain bike' brand for North America :envy:. I'm not much of a mountain biker...but I love the Monocogs and the new PL-26, which may be gone from here on out.

Bicycle808 does not like this.

How are you able to tell?

I'm only basing it on appearance and could be mistaken, but those do seem to have a raised landing for the axle flange nut. Such a landing would be very uncommon on a cookie-press stamped dropout produced from a uniform sheet of steel.

zIfFwZ1.jpg

I'm only basing it on appearance and could be mistaken, but those do seem to have a raised landing for the axle flange nut. Such a landing would be very uncommon on a cookie-press stamped dropout produced from a uniform sheet of steel.

zIfFwZ1.jpg
Good info right there,just got learned..lol

Torker didn’t have any serial number information to provide, but the rep I spoke to said that based on the pictures it is probably a Zephyr Boardwalk from the mid to late 90’s (the Boardwalk was sold under the Torker and Zephyr brands).

i'd be surprised if that frame has forged dropouts, but nothing is impossible. It'd be rad if the OP could post some close-up pics.

Shouldn't be too tough to tell. In order for a stamped dropout to be raised on one side, it would need to be depressed on the other. Now that we have a fair idea of the origin of the bike, I'd be shocked to find any forged parts, too.

Latest posts

Back