free wheel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i want to change my 20" to a free wheel,how can i do this?would i just need to buy a new wheel?or can i convert my wheel to free wheel?i would much rather use a hand brake rather then a pedal brake.any help would be rad thanks

Manny you can switch the coaster brrake hub out for a freewheel and just have the wwheel re-laced. Or suntour makes a part called the unbrake the converts a coasterbrake into a freewheel. Or you could find a trashed walmart bmx and swap the wheel.Hope it helps.

benz said:
Manny you can switch the coaster brrake hub out for a freewheel and just have the wwheel re-laced. Or suntour makes a part called the unbrake the converts a coasterbrake into a freewheel. Or you could find a trashed walmart bmx and swap the wheel.Hope it helps.
i didnt think about swapping out the wheel.i'll ask around and see if anyone has an old one.thanks benz you rock.

check out the thrift stores. i bought a decent 20" BMX with a freewheel (i wanted the crankset and handlebars) today at a thrift store for $5.99USD. i get lots of parts bikes at those places.

UncleKudzu said:
check out the thrift stores. i bought a decent 20" BMX with a freewheel (i wanted the crankset and handlebars) today at a thrift store for $5.99USD. i get lots of parts bikes at those places.
that's a good idea.my girl loves to thrift shop I'll have her check it out next time she goes.

Back