Fresh pick! what is it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i picked this thing up at a swap meet this past sunday. I cant figure out what the heck it is though. I still haven't located any serial numbers. Anybody have a clue?

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

scrumblero said:
Colson Firebird?....just guessing.... :roll:

i don't know. what's throwing me off is the bottom tube. how thick it is and the shape of it is different than anything i've seen.

Thunderjet . I had one. Mine is customized a little and has no tank but here you go.Im still trying to find the before shots for you. Ross was the thunderjet company before they were ross. These bikes were sold under both names .
IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

sweet! thank you. Any clue how old it is, and where i can find an ID number? i was starting to think it was a thunderjet, but the graphics on the tank are weird, ive never seen them. Anybody have a clue about the tank?

Love the Thunder Jet bikes. Chain Bike Co. I just bought a tank on eBay and need a frame to go with it. :?

yeah. i've searched through tons of chain, ross and jc higgins pictures. i have no doubt that it's one of the three, but i just can't find anything with this graphic

thanks a lot for the input guys

This is mine. it should help you identify it. This is a Ross unique frame so it is after the buyout. The badge does not say Chain Bike Corp. The tank design is very similar so I believe that your bike utilizes a newer tank design (Ross) on an older (Chain Bike Corp) frame. Call it a "tweener" bike

TjetFinal1.jpg

TjetFinal4.jpg

TjetFinal5.jpg

yeshoney said:
This is mine. it should help you identify it. This is a Ross unique frame so it is after the buyout. The badge does not say Chain Bike Corp. The tank design is very similar so I believe that your bike utilizes a newer tank design (Ross) on an older (Chain Bike Corp) frame. Call it a "tweener" bike

TjetFinal1.jpg

TjetFinal4.jpg

TjetFinal5.jpg
WOW :eek: Nice bike and cars :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cool! I'd say his bike is before Ross. Anyone have a spare guard like this? I'm going to put one of these tanks on an ugly Murray bike I have to try to give it some character.

Back