Fridrich's Cadillac and Winchester

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wanted to do a rat rod car or truck and haven't quite found the right one..........so I did a Rat Bike with my son and that got me hooked.

About 6 months ago I bought a woman's 26" Fridrich's Cadillac the was pretty much all original.
All I did was wash it up - wax it and throw new tires and tubes on it. It's a skip tooth also
Any info on these bikes.........?

Now to top that off I just bought a 26" woman's Winchester tank bike.........and I can find even less info on it.
From what I did find it is the same company that makes the guns - they only made bikes for a short time.
This one looks pretty much all stock - may even have the original tires on it still.
It has the tank with horn, light on front fender and a bell on the handlebars. Something different are these hub cap like things that cover where the bolts go that hold the rims on.

Appreciate any info on either bike...........I'll try and post up some pics later.
I just got the Winchester last night and haven't really touched it.

No help........esp on the Winchester ???

I've spent 5-6 hrs on the computer and asking other sites / bike people with no help / info.
I started cleaning it up - unfortunately the batteries were left in the light on the front fender - acid leaked onto the paint and as soon as I hit it with water it started washing off. I popped batteries into the tank horn - no luck - not working although that's OK. Everything else seems really nice - paint is so-so in spots and the New Departure ( Model D ? ) rear hub was hanging up. I took it apart and it was all crusty / gunked up inside. Of course the internals fell out on the floor. I've got all the parts cleaned up and am working on putting it back together which is a chore with the clutch discs fell out.

I'll keep digging.............any info appreciated

Winchester made hundreds of different products in the 20's and up until the depression of the 30's. The Winchester factory was in Hartford, CT so it wouldn't surprise me if they contracted Westfield (Columbia) to make their bikes for them. Gary

I'll try and bet some pics posted up - having probs for some reason.
I do have some posted on CABE though.

Thanks for the info...........
Mike

Back