Fugsley - MO FATTA MO BETTA - Believe it or Not -TRADED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - Water Ski Rack

yoothgeye said:
I saw a water ski in a junk store on Wednesday and it got to wondering if you were still going to do this. Looks really good.

Back when I was in my teens and I thought skateboarding was cool, I would buy different colored grip tape and do designs with it. What if you made flames on your ski top out of different colored grip tape. Better yet, save money, just put a solid layer of black grip tape on it and then mask and spray praint your flames, spray painted grip tape still has a lot of grip, for that cooler of yours.

What is that liquid in your bottle?

Thanks. The grip tape sounds cool. This weekend we have been painting our outdoor spiral staircase in roll on Herculiner. I could just paint it with that, but it would be tough to mask it off for flames. I wonder how well grip tape would mask off for flames?

I am surprised you don't know the answer, but the bottle contains my adult energy drink of choice. :D

Energy drink... haha.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mask it off, I would print out flame templates on card stock, then use an X-acto knife to cut the differing "nested" flames and use spray paint lightly at a 90 degree angle to the ski (standing up). There would be some "bleed" but they are flames, you can get away with it. So this would work on either material, so if you have access to the Herculiner, I say go for it!

Another thing I could do is paint the ski a yellow - orange - red fade and then apply some grip tape that has the inner flame design cut out of it.
The herculiner is so thick, I kinda doubt that I will use it.

Or go with something like this.

grip.jpg

Bikecity said:
So what happen to rest of that Pink GT bmx bike? Do you still have any parts off of it :?:

I will answer here in case he doesn't check the other. The rear stays are trash. The dropouts were not stamped "GT" and bent enough to not be worth saving. Wheels, garbage. Stem and handlebars, given away, original seat gone before me, I still have the fork.

Here are the tires for my next build.

Photo_798DF61C-5496-E03F-97CE-90BA415B7153.jpg

REceived the grip tape that I am going to use for the deck of the water ski rack. I plan to paint the bike yellow. I plan the paint the water ski deck red and then cut flames into the grip tape.

I think it is appropriate that the word "FLIP" is on the tape, since that is what I do with bikes anyway. :mrgreen:

Photo_6BF10529-52B7-C3C9-E596-35FA8910B363.jpg

Re: Fugsley - Turkey Day ride with my wife's old Dahon

My wife and I went on a Turkey day ride to burn off some turkey. She rode her little Dahon and I rode Fugsley. You can really see the contrast between what Fugsley was and what it is now.

WP_000765.jpg

WP_000767.jpg

WP_000771.jpg

WP_000770.jpg

WP_000775.jpg

WP_000773.jpg

WP_000774.jpg

WP_000772.jpg

Re: Fugsley - Turkey Day ride with wife's Dahon for contrast

Looks great, but still no grips! You're killin' me smalls!

I bet that was a real conversation starter, you and your wife on those wildly different bikes!

Re: Fugsley - 11/25 - Front water ski rack

I was playing around with Fugsley today. I finally drilled all of the holes to be able to truly mount the rear water ski rack. I also toyed with making a front rack with the remaining piece of the water ski. What do you think? It is kinda cool how it continues the lines of the water ski.

WP_000787.jpg

WP_000790.jpg

WP_000786.jpg

WP_000791.jpg

WP_000789.jpg

yoothgeye said:
Looks grips... I mean good.

I have grips, I am just waiting until I break it down and paint it before I put them on. :p

I have that yellow flaming sun deck grip tape to go on the ski.
While I have thinking yellow for the bike, I have a couple of cans of nice lime green paint that I am thinking about using. We'll see.

ummm, lime green, that will be fun an with yellow. sic sic sic. in a good way. get it done.

Outlaw 8)

Neat build...does it still fold?

Back