Fugsley - MO FATTA MO BETTA - Believe it or Not -TRADED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fugsley - 2/26 - Ride w fellow RRBer JoshFromGa PenFarthing

Your Fugsley is a really cool one of a kind. Its funny to see what people are making from these occ stingrays. I have one I aquired last fall and Ive been getting some ideas going all winter on how I want to chop it up. Those penny fakethings have been around for a few years now, heres one I built last summer called boilermaker.
2011ovid1.jpg

Re: Fugsley - 2/26 - Ride w fellow RRBer JoshFromGa PenFarthing

TommyTwoTime said:
Your Fugsley is a really cool one of a kind. Its funny to see what people are making from these occ stingrays. I have one I aquired last fall and Ive been getting some ideas going all winter on how I want to chop it up. Those penny fakethings have been around for a few years now, heres one I built last summer called boilermaker.
2011ovid1.jpg
looks good! i like the pedal step.

Re: Fugsley - 100% Finished! - Another Fat Tire bike

josh_from_ga said:
kingfish254 said:
This photo was in a joke spam email that a friend sent me.
Check out the yellow fat tire bike in the background.

big.jpg
my gf just pointed out that the guy behind the shoebike is riding backwards. or at least his bike is anyways.
Those bikes are part of the fun at the Tour De Fat. I have ridden or attempted to ride most of them last year in Durham NC.
Somewhere on my other computer at my other house are pics of these bikes. I have a few other Tour De Fat pics posted at the bottom of this page of my blog.
http://motopsyco.com/2011/07/

Re: Fugsley - 3/6 Dahon Payback

Fugsley is made from a 1986 Dahon Classic folding bike that I picked up at a yard sale for $25. These sell for about $50-$100 on ebay. I finally got around to cleaning up some of the parts I stripped off and put them on ebay. So far I have bids of $91 just for the rear rack, front fender, and rear fender. I have less than $125 total (including paint) invested in Fugsley. All I have to do now is sell a couple of more Dahon parts and Fugsley is free, but more than likely I will end up making money and keeping my wacky ride. :mrgreen:

I ended up getting $177 for 5 scrap parts that I took off of the Fugsley donor bike!!

That's just nuts. I only got $255 for the collectable Stainless Dahon that I sold. I guess I really should have parted it out too.

kingfish254 said:
I ended up getting $177 for 5 scrap parts that I took off of the Fugsley donor bike!!

That's just nuts. I only got $255 for the collectable Stainless Dahon that I sold. I guess I really should have parted it out too.

This is making me consider parting bikes on eBay.

I still have the 16" SA 3 Speed wheelset to sell too, once I clean up the chrome a bit. :wink:
I don't think I will need it for any RRB build!!!!
Actually, maybe I could build a mini muscle bike with shifter and monster apes!!

kingfish254 said:
Actually, maybe I could build a mini muscle bike with shifter and monster apes!!

Monster apes you say? Did you buy the Nirve apes? How do they compare to the ones I just built? (I guess I need to measure mine.)

0308121750.jpg

Man, those are KING KONG apes!!!
I did get the Nirves and they aren't that big.

I could find an old kids bike and do something like this with the 3 speed 16" wheels and monster apes
100_3489.jpg

Took Fugsley for a ride to look at some of the pre St Pat's tourists.
You may not be able to tell, but Forsyth Park Fountain has green water flowing out of it!! Plus a gajillion Azaleas are in full bloom throughout the city.
Tourist season has fallen on Savannah (and for good reason if I do say so myself).

WP_001236.jpg

Re: Fugsley - 3/16 - Pre-Saint Pat's Ride

My wife and I took my new Nirve Cannibal chopper out at lunchtime. Then I took it out again after work. But then I switched rides to Fugsley. I just can't resist sharing this beast with the tourists. It was definitely a tourist attraction tonight. I would guess that at least 40-50 people took a photo of Fugsley tonight. I let some sit on the water ski. I told a bunch of them that I was going to offer a bike taxi service later.

I didn't take many photos myself, but here are a few with a pipe and drum corps from New Jersey.
WP_001259.jpg

WP_001260.jpg

WP_001257.jpg

And here is an absolutely horrible photo of a tall bike that is hauling a 10 foot long tree limb behind his bike.
Like I always say, you never know what you are going to see in Savannah.
WP_001258.jpg

Re: Fugsley - 3/17 St' Pat's Fun

Went on a few bike rides through the huge crowds here in Savannah yesterday for St. Pat's Day.

Started the morning with a ride down to the staging area (just 6 blocks South of my house).

Here is the giant 7' Leprechaun that has been in the parade for years. He could almost hop right up on Fugsley.
aWP_001268.jpg

In front of my old high school's band.
WP_001269.jpg

Old Shriner truck
WP_001263.jpg

Shriner Dune Cats group. A favorite ever since I was a kid.
WP_001265.jpg

WP_001264.jpg

Cool old fire engine
WP_001267.jpg

3rd ID Army Hummer
WP_001262.jpg

My buddy riding
WP_001270.jpg

And his son riding and us helping him dismount.
scott.jpg

WP_001271.jpg

Then later on after the parade I rode down to City Market

Fireman drum and pipes from Idaho. Cool fireman trip on the kilts.
WP_001286.jpg

People were using this passed out guy as a photo op and prop. As I cam up with Fugsley they wanted the bike in the photos as well.
WP_001288.jpg

Here is another passed out partier being assisted home by a friend and pedicab.
aWP_001290.jpg

aWP_001292b.jpg

But my favorite photo (other than the giant leprchaun) is Ronald McDonald with Fugsley
WP_001266.jpg

Re: Fugsley - 3/17 - Saint Pat's Day Fun

yoothgeye said:
Ronald McDonald is creepy.

Yeah, but he matches the bike!!

It is always fun to see where you and Fugsley go.

Fireman drum and pipes from Idaho. Cool fireman trip on the kilts.
Looks like those guys are from Boise. :D

I think that they were from Boise.

Ok so after I saw you build the "fugsley" it sparked some creative juices with my OCC stinger (cant call it a stingray cause well its not.) but i do love modding my Stingers thats for sure heres what the work in progress "The Batchet Man Beach Cruiser"....
051912161123.jpg

I posted a build of its morphing process no working pics but ive done all the tinkering!!! lol

EasyRider420 said:
Ok so after I saw you build the "fugsley" it sparked some creative juices with my OCC stinger (cant call it a stingray cause well its not.) but i do love modding my Stingers thats for sure heres what the work in progress "The Batchet Man Beach Cruiser"....
051912161123.jpg

I posted a build of its morphing process no working pics but ive done all the tinkering!!! lol

WOW! I love it! Does it weigh a ton like Fugsley?
I love the seat and the drivetrain and so much more!
Great looking fun build!

Check out this bad boy!!!

monster-bike.jpg

Back