G'day from down under

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my name is Ryan. I'm 17 and just getting into the rod bike world, bit concerned as I already have the 2 expensive hobbies of car detailing and photography :p
At the moment I am sanding back my bike and prepping it to be powder coated soon enough, I'll take some photos tomorrow or Thursday, when hopefully I'll have finished prepping it, and then some more when it's done.
getting it coated in matte/satin black with red rims and spokes, white bars (ape's) and cranks, and am still deciding what to do with the trees and forks. I am leaning towards doing them in white as well, maybe red, but no chrome i don't think. suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I think i'll re-trim my seat in red as well.

cheers,
Ryan

cheers guys, here are some pics of where my bike sits at the moment. already changing my mind on the colour, might go chrome handlebars, forks, wheels etc with a bright orange or blue frame and whitewalls. I love the whole Rat Rod paint job, just not sure if I wanna do it this time. but yer, still deciding.. either way the whole thing will be getting powder coated asap.
4111016318_e865802970_b.jpg

4110255073_180a050156_b.jpg

I'm going to take that as a compliment :) haha
still toying with different colour scheme ideas, got my last yr 12 exam tomorrow (final yr of high school before uni/college) and after that I can turn my attention back to my hobbies, so the bike should be fully sanded and prepped by the end of the week :)

FoxInDocs said:
Hey ryan, good luck with your exams!

bike looks cool, where in AUS are you? I'm in SA :)

Thanks mate,
I'm from Victoria :)
How ridiculous is this bloody weather!?! hope summer is still decent :S

Hello Ryan and welcome from California!
BTW, I'm wondering why you are sanding your frame if it's going to be powdercoated? Around here, the powdercoating shop wants the items to be coated to be sandblasted, and they will usually do that for you. Anyway, all the best to you on your test!

cheers for the welcome fireproof, i'm sanding it back as a good friend of mine is doing the powder coating for me, and he does not have access to sandblasting, so its more of a time thing, I could source somebody to sandblast it, but I would rather not have to wait for availability, and on top of that, I have now finished school and am looking for a job, so I hve a lot of time on my hands, this is filling said time :) haha

Back