Gears of war

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's 7:30 and I have waited long enough on this sunny morning! with a recommendation of the Funkadelics and the sounds of race cars in my head I head out to build!!!! thanks Jake!!!

it's 7:30 and I have waited long enough on this sunny morning! with a recommendation of the Funkadelics and the sounds of race cars in my head I head out to build!!!! thanks Jake!!!
You're welcome my friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Morning Ratters. I still need to go to Home Depot. So today it's on. I'll pick out the paint today for my bike. So stay tuned. I hope y'all saw the seat. I have to get some figure supplies also. I'll show you what I mean. Today's music is Seether- Fine Again. So crank it!!
zazu8ehu.jpg
GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Seeing the Punisher reminds me of that cool chainring you did last year.
YBJB!

Seeing the Punisher reminds me of that cool chainring you did last year.
YBJB!
Thanks B! Glad you remembered. That bike is still in the backyard. I'll take a pick of it with this year's bike. Hey next time you're in Philly. We gonna slice this
uda4uvyd.jpg
Mmmmm...I just made this a work. Pass the bread I need a sammich!! YBJ2B!!

Morning Ratters!! I've got my supplies but tonight is movie night. I gotta see X-men. You know it!! Today's music is in two parts. Classic hip - hop and rock. First Old Dirty ........-Brooklyn Zoo and Led Zeppelin Cashmere. So pick one or both and Crank it!! PEACE

Oh I forgot to give ya something to talk about
qadary7e.jpg
PEACE

I haven't been to Philly in a long time, but I may have a trip there in 2-3 months. It would be cool to catch up with you again and talk BONINE bikes over beer and grilled chicken. Build On Buddy!

I haven't been to Philly in a long time, but I may have a trip there in 2-3 months. It would be cool to catch up with you again and talk BONINE bikes over beer and grilled chicken. Build On Buddy!
It sure will brother. My Love(Mrs) will roll the red carpet out for you. I'll make sure that I take some days off. ROCK ON B!!

Hello Ratters!! I'm going to combine both my hobbies together. So first you take this
ehahytud.jpg
then you trace out your tank outline
7uvy7a2e.jpg
Then you measure out what design you're using. I'm using bricks. That picture with bat girl was a hint of things to come remember. Stay with me
rysy4yqu.jpg
Then you carve in the design. I'm making jagged bricks.
gu8ymypy.jpg
e9y7aqe7.jpg
u7a3a4u9.jpg
Use whatever you want to beat up the bricks. Pencils and pieces of real rocks work well. I'll show the rest of the process tomorrow. Oh yeah check out the color
ahe7e8y6.jpg
GTB!! PEACE

Morning Ratters!! Gonna flip the bike today and do the second coat and highlights. I also have to carve the back of the tank and black wash it. Today's music Awolnation-Sail. So crank it!! GTBOGMMAS!! PEACE
u2ynu4e3.jpg
WHERE'S MY SAMMICH!!

That's bright! I like it. Is it Chevrolet orange?

That's bright! I like it. Is it Chevrolet orange?
It's called cinnamon. It might make the cut. I don't have a bike this color and you know I like my bikes different. Lol

Love that color Jake. I think that is the same color that MazdaFlyer is using on his tank.
Change your build name to Cinnamon Toast Sammich. :crazy:

Love that color Jake. I think that is the same color that MazdaFlyer is using on his tank.
Change your build name to Cinnamon Toast Sammich. :crazy:
Hahaha. It's gotta be almost 90 here so this paint is gonna bake nicely. So far I've spent 10 bucks on this bike. I'm way under budget.

Hello Ratters!! You guys must really be working cuz I'm seeing more bikes appearing with progress being made. Even some page three slackers have done something. COME ON SLACKER SLAP SOME PAINT ON THAT PUPPY ADD A FEW CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS ON IT AND CALL IT QUITS!! OK this is what I've done. I applied a second coat and two layers of clear. Next the flat black to the forks.
japu5u5a.jpg
ujatujus.jpg
Next up those crusty bars now look
5yqe4aza.jpg
crusty black. So the rock wall tank gets a layer of black paint. This is how it looks applied to the bike.
2e2y8yza.jpg
a4agusun.jpg
(Not applied yet ya Kwazy Wratter it's still wet!!) Sometimes my conscious takes over. So this is an idea of what you'll see
a9u3ydys.jpg
Whew!! That was alot.
So if you're buildin' crank up Lover boy - gangs in the streets and Rock out!!
2uhe8agu.jpg
PEACE

Your're ROCKin it Jake!!
I had to post that tank on the Highlight thread.
Have a great weekend buddy!

Your're ROCKin it Jake!!
I had to post that tank on the Highlight thread.
Have a great weekend buddy!
Tanks..I mean thanks B! Kinda busy Ratters but I wanted you to see the bike somewhat together
de9e3y5e.jpg
TOP VIEW
rajusu7y.jpg
FRONT VIEW
aja4yzat.jpg
SIDE VIEW. IF Y'ALL LIKE IT LET ME KNOW. CRANK UP PINK FLOYD - RUN LIKE heck AND GTB!!
qata9a3a.jpg
WHO'S WIT ME!! PEACE

Ok Ratters here's the rack attached
aha9anud.jpg
and here's a closer look at the rack
gazada6y.jpg
5ybyjusy.jpg
Can't touch this!! PEACE

Back