George...Sweating it ...(7/27/11)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WhoinPhx,

Not to be a pesk; you got until 7:00 pm Arizona time to post George. I am hoping we will see your baby in the completed section.

Trust me she looks great already.

Peace brother.

WhoinPhx,

My apologies for hassling you; just wanted to see your build in the complete section & give folks an opportunity to vote for it.

Since I had orignally thrown in the towel, I am the last guy to be pushing anybody; just was trying to be in your corner.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to seeing your build in the future. I know it is going to be a stunner.

Cheers.

Too bad you didn't make it in time...

I see you mentioning my and Kota's view on the lines of a bike. In your case it's a bit different. Those skirts could have worked easily. Your bike has more lines you can work off of. Those highlighted by yourself in purple dots isn't entirely 'wrong'. As the center of the sprocket is always a focuspoint on a bike (as are axlecentres) you could search for lines that are directed or offsprung to/from it. Check the red dotted line I drew. That direction would be perfect for your bike. So you just had to rotated the fenderbrace/skirtline a few inches upwards. (green lines)

whoinphx.jpg

I too have plans to use full skirts front and back on a bike. Here's a painting I did. Here I solved the 'line-direction' problem with a scallop-paintjob:

pedalpush_sneakpeek_9.jpg

^ Pedal Pushers

So... There are just few more ways to work with 'the lines on a bike'.
And... There are way more ways to make a bike pleasing for the eye than those lines alone! :wink:

Hope to see your build finished soon.
Good luck.

Back