Glowing Rat Bikes??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACD

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A member on one of my scooter forums posted this...

Found this on the scooter scoop and thought I would pass it along.

bike.jpg

Lightroenergy is an amazing new source of illumination which can produce a bright glow for up to a dozen years without any electricity or exposure to sunlight Litrospheres are tiny self-luminous (read RADIOACTIVE) particles which can be injection molded or embedded into paints. Brightness is said to be about the same as that of a 20-watt light bulb, but I’d imagine that would depend on how much surface area is covered with the particles. The material is extremely cost-effective, covering an 8.5 x 11 surface for about 35 cents. The particles can even be customized to give off just about any light color.

http://www.glowpaint.com

I wonder what that glow in the dark powder tastes like? It looks yummy.-LOL

garylee said:

LOL just think of how impressed your friends would be when you pee a glow in the dark name in the snow :lol:

Upper Class White Trash said:
garylee said:

LOL just think of how impressed your friends would be when you pee a glow in the dark name in the snow :lol:

Monster Energy drink, chased with a Mt. Dew. Try it, you will like it! You can see your pee in the dark!

actually i saw this paint in home depot today it was glow in the dark paint and i wondered if it was the same thing. i could see it being used for lettering and such. sounds interesting just dont paint your seat with it i guess :shock:

Hey Ya'll,

I just ordered two cans to test out. I have my doubts, but if the product performs the way they advertise then I will be a happy camper. I'll let you know. If it does work then this is just the product I have been looking for.

Later,

Allan Greenblazer

From their site "Our products are LEAD FREE and Non-Radioactive!"

hmmm...
interesting..
Would be sweet for pin striping on suede black, no?
-tj

Is this real or some kind of joke? How could this not be harmful? I have some doubts. I would be nice if it works and is not harmful. I could see how it could be used in many ways.

I saw this stuff at the store today, I almost bought it.I bought the chalkboard paint instead.........Ive got a chalkboard sprocket now :D

musclebikes said:
I saw this stuff at the store today, I almost bought it.I bought the chalkboard paint instead.........Ive got a chalkboard sprocket now :D

My RRBBO 1 bike was painted in the chalkboard paint. Sprocket included. It's held up really well viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1200

Hey Ya'll,

I bought two spray cans of this paint from the website. Here are my impressions:

Tiny spray cans were only 4 oz ea. Website did not inform me of this in advance. The pictures appear to be of normal commonly sized spray cans, so I was fooled by misleading pictures.

Two 4 oz cans cost me $27.85 shipped normally. This was way too much in my opinion!

Might be good for spraying stars above your bed, but it is not that impressive in a light polluted city. Yeah it might look awesome in a pitch black cave, but who rides a bike in a cave?

The paint is very powdery and it comes off on your hands if you touch it. Clear coat might help.

I haven't done a side by side comparison with old fashioned glow in the dark paint, but I was not impressed.
It is not impressive enough to bother with it on my bicycle.

I would not reccommend it. If you can get it locally at a price comparable to other normal spray paint. 12 or 16 oz cans for less than $9.00 ea incl tax wouldn't be so bad, but at $27.85 for two 4 oz cans I feel ripped off. You might have better results.

To be fair:

He(the guy who replied to my email) told me to use a white undercoat paint before the glow paint, but I only sprayed it onto a piece of white copy paper.

If you look reeeeeaaally close and know where to look you might be able to see that the can in the picture does says 4 oz if you have a big very clear computer screen and good eyes, but it is not listed anywhere in the ad text or on the order form.

Later,

Allan Greenblazer

All the jokes were funny,but on a more serious note,This would be great for night riding.I have almost been run over a few times.I seen a 3 year old kid get hit by a car one time.Not something you want to see.

Back