Golden, rules!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a set of Duro white wall tires with the same pattern. They delaminated at the whitewall and tubes poked through and popped. Yesterday I burned them in my fire pit. I bought another brand with the same pattern but in black walls. They are fine.
Well that is not encouraging. I run a skinny Duro gumwall on the front of my daily rider and I haven’t been real confident in it, but so far it has held up OK.

Well that is not encouraging. I run a skinny Duro gumwall on the front of my daily rider and I haven’t been real confident in it, but so far it has held up OK.
This is the first problem I’ve had with Duro. I got them on eBay. I’m pretty sure they were old and rotted when I got them. They looked ok. It was during the lockdown. There was a lot of shortages of everything and a lot of poor quality merchandise including food. They popped the first time I used them. They were sitting on the floor of my garage until last week when I burned them. They were much more rotted by then, folding the bead under caused the tires to crack. You will probably be ok, I think I just got ripped off.

This one seems to be OK if perhaps less than the quality of previous tires I have purchased. But it’s the first time I have ever purchased any Duro, so I was not happy to read your experience.

I bought this tire from a pile of tires that the local bike shop owner had purchased at some auction somewhere and it was not folded but NOS for sure.

Latest posts

Back