Good online/Ebay springer fork sellers?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks,

I need a springer fork for a board tracker style bike I'm building. What sellers online or Ebay sell good quality springers with no fitting problems? Prices seem to be $35 (guess it's bad stuff) to $90 and more ($129 Monarch type with fit problems) and everything in between, but what is good and what isn't? any references from satisfied customers? my bike is a Western Flyer Circa 50's repro from the 80's.

I want a painted fork preferably not chrome, and the standard non-lowrider type.

Thanks for your help!! I need to finish this bike.......

i got two of the cheapers ones and don't have much complaint on them. they work and i wasn't concerned about them being original. both were around $40 shipped, that seems to be rock bottom as far as i can tell. it was two different sellers, don't really remember the names.

the first has been ok so far. the one on my 'hood cruiser. i made a couple changes to suit the bike but i can't complain. the second was missing hardware (bearings, top nut), but i have enough junk that i didn't care and kept it. i just got it so i can't speak to any durablity issues.

so far i'd say if i wanted another i'd probaly still just find the cheapest one i see on ebay and get it, at least until i get a bad one or something.

Hey man, don't buy those ebay Monark springers, there is an entire thread on here about how they crack and aren't worth a penny. Check out Spooky Tooth Cycle they have a good set of springers, really good quality.

Yeah I was in love with how those Monarch repros look but then I checked the thread... still I wasn't sure about ordering such a pricey fork but that great thread just made me see it was not worth it to lose my money there. I just want a ratty springer that fits...

I wouldn't be afraid of those Monarch springers if I took them to a competent welder who is also a bike guy like Monster Metal and have them beefed up and made safe. Gary

Yeah but it's hard to justify $129 + sh if you still have to machine and rebuild the heck out of the part... you can get a whole bike or more for that price.

benz said:
Hey man, don't buy those ebay Monark springers, there is an entire thread on here about how they crack and aren't worth a penny. Check out Spooky Tooth Cycle they have a good set of springers, really good quality.

I haven't bought either set, but noticed on the spooky tooth web site that they say:

The guys at Crossbow did a great re-design job; strong welds, reinforced steel fork bars, high polish finish, smooth operation

and I also noted that the ebay seller is...... CrossbowUSA....

SO ......are both of these springers the same product ??

Maybe someone finally sued the pants off of them and they woke up. They have a little gold mine if they'd just learn how to weld.
Gary

Back