goodwill store

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been checking weekly at the Goodwill store and the other similar store in town, whatever the name of it is, for bikes. No luck so far , but I did buy my grandson a Bell helmet that appears new for $1.08 today so the trip was not a total waste.They had a 24" Roadmaster mountain bike for $11.50 but I passed on it. I'm trying to resist buying any more mountain bikes.I have one Schwinn 18 speed that I will keep just in case I decide to do some offroad riding.I will probably pass on any 10 speed bikes with dropped bars also unless they are highdollar bikes that I can get to trade . 8)

I read that some of the bike "flippers" get their finds at Goodwill and also at garage sales. But I think it just takes a lot of investment in time to find much in the way of treasure- otherwise, it's a bunch of Walmart bikes that aren't hardly worth hauling off.

I've gone like 4 different times to a couple Goodwill stores but there's never anything good, just a couple banged up kids bikes if at all.

I rarely drive by a second hand store without stopping. and I might only find one decent bike every 5 times but you never know what you will find :)
found one of these back in 1999 near mint for $7.38
2260848950_c493449817_b.jpg

while times have changed there are still super bikes that show up and if you dont stop you will never be the one to find them :)
oh wait if your in Eastern Iowa....... dont stop because I have already been there :)

The Goodwill auction site is another source if you have a store in your area that lists on it. I picked up this girls Monark Super Deluxe for $67 - too many people bidding against me knew what the parts were worth. The fenders on it were perfect - no dents, no digs, no headaches.

49E.jpg

LOL '

Good will stores "

Yes " you baicly can fine almost any thing you might want in there "

Really.....I brought home old 80s bmx stuff .

Like old scwhin , DG , Stomer , Redlines , Haro , diamond backs , Few other's Bought them broug them home ,Repaired them to sell and trading .......Fun to work on oldbmx stuff agin ...That was about 4 years ago ....Never buildnt a bmx agin .....I was threw .....

I use to work at one ....

It was really fun bringing stuff home ,What people didn't want ....and turn around and did a Little trading and selling ....Man" that was ,To me some good old Time's

The bad thing about the auction is that it's pick up only and there isn't one in my area doing it.

Good will dose have a Autcion to go and look on"

Check it ,Out .....Sign up for free .

I live right across the street from the local Goodwill, so I try and stop in at least every other day just to see, and scored a really nice Sun Custom 26" beach cruiser with some real nice Kenda's on it for $20 the other day, haven't even had time yet to polish it up, and caught the girlfriend out cruising around on it Friday..she loves it !! but yeah, 90% of the time it is just throw away mountain bikes..persistence pays off in the long run, and it costs nothing to look..

Back