googone paint wipes for removing unwanted spraypaint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I bought these cleanup wipes for a painting job I was doing on a house and I tried it on my huffy which had a ugly black spot of spray paint an it took the spray paint off without removing the original paint.
might be a good idea for all those multiple coated vintage frames out there but use with caution as I have not tried it out on anything else.
basically just got to scrub with the wipes as if you were cleaning it and then you will see the paint come off then wipe with regular water and repeat as necessary.
it will remove decals though so be warned on that but th original paint will be untouched or so it seems.
I got them at wal mart in the hardware department next tot he paint thinners. guess wal mart is good for something after all but I am sure any hardware store will have them. their called goo gone paint wipes they work great

Thanks will stop and give them a try today, Have a Town and Country Tricycle which has been sprayed over would like to see if I can bring the decals back out some. Did read where too much could damage them so will be careful. Will post if it works as good for me as it did for you.

Thanks will stop and give them a try today, Have a Town and Country Tricycle which has been sprayed over would like to see if I can bring the decals back out some. Did read where too much could damage them so will be careful. Will post if it works as good for me as it did for you.
ys also it may peel the decals so use with caution on it and maybe try a small area first I know on mine it peeled the gold but there is still black lettering o them so it most likely will peel the decals as well

Yeah going to be real careful, you can just barely see decals through paint, will try on inside of forks first before trying where the darts are. If it doesn't work at least I will have them for something else.

No such luck for me could just be better than average rattle can paint on this tricycle. No great loss not a big investment and now i have some around for other uses. Hopefully this turns out to work for others so far I have tried ovem cleaner and these. Looks like existing paint will stay.

I had good results with oven cleaner - I read somewhere some of the more expensive stuff is not as "stinky" and don't work as good. Cheapest generic dollar store stuff is best....

No such luck for me could just be better than average rattle can paint on this tricycle. No great loss not a big investment and now i have some around for other uses. Hopefully this turns out to work for others so far I have tried ovem cleaner and these. Looks like existing paint will stay.
that is possible that the paint was just cheap paint o mine sorry it didn't work out

GooGone is awesome stuff but use it in moderation. I think it's basically Acetone or about that level of paint remover, so it can definitely take of more than you want if your are not careful.

Unless they've changed the formula, GooGone is mostly a citrus oil product that's "relatively" gentle on most surfaces. Now, Goof Off is another story entirely--that stuff is radioactive. The two products can be easily confused because of their names' similarity.

Unless they've changed the formula, GooGone is mostly a citrus oil product that's "relatively" gentle on most surfaces. Now, Goof Off is another story entirely--that stuff is radioactive. The two products can be easily confused because of their names' similarity.

You're right. It was Goof Off that I was thinking of. Big difference.

Latest posts

Back