Got any bikes in the basement

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this bicycle last weekend hanging from the rafters in the basement, Silver King with locking forks, not complete but its a start.
SilverKingwithlockingforks.jpg

So you had this in YOUR basement and somehow forgot about it???!!!!
That's just wrong!!

I wish I had a basement.....we dont have basements in NOLA ......looks like they make a great workshop. I am working in the Midwest on my spare time I shake the bushes and turning over stones looking for bikes....if you get lucky you may find a treasure in the basement.

extraplay said:
I wish I had a basement.....we dont have basements in NOLA ......looks like they make a great workshop. I am working in the Midwest on my spare time I shake the bushes and turning over stones looking for bikes....if you get lucky you may find a treasure in the basement.

If either of us had basements, they would be swimming pools. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I have bikes in the basement! Prewar Schwinn Cycletruck, prewar Mead Ladies bike, postwar Schwinn Straightbar and I've forgotten what else? I'll be digging around Thanksgiving week as I'll be laid off from work.I can hardly wait. Since I found this site on 9-11 of this year, I got the fever back!
11-7-12713.jpg

I can't drag bikes out for pics yet. I'll start with some nice pieces I stumbled over. Prewar Wing Chainguard and a Mead Ranger Rack.
BASEmentfind002.jpg

BASEmentfind001.jpg

WOW!!!!.....Thanks for the great photo.....Can't wait to show my wife, she thinks that I have too many bikes.

Wolf spider. A full size one like in the pic has enough venom to kill a large dog. I hate those things and have them in my basement too.
I've got a few bikes hanging around in my basement. They are coated with special dust to help preserve them. :roll: Gary
IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

B607 said:
Wolf spider. A full size one like in the pic has enough venom to kill a large dog. I hate those things and have them in my basement too.
I've got a few bikes hanging around in my basement. They are coated with special dust to help preserve them. :roll: Gary

We've got those ugly brute's and brown recluse's in our basement. I'm glad I got my shed back from them, there was a wolf sider aroundthe size of a golf ball sitting on the seat of my last year's buildoff bike.... he got to taste raw acetylene, and then fire.
Didn't hurt the seat much.

B607 said:
I've got a few bikes hanging around in my basement. They are coated with special dust to help preserve them. :roll: Gary [/quote]
Man I'd love to have a basement :mrgreen: You guys have some cool basement goodies 8) If you just turn them over the dust should just fall off ! Really I just wanted to see what they were ... :)
[img]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb340/largek9/IMG_1226.jpg
IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

where do you get all these bikes ? i can hardly find something vintage close to where i am :roll:
you need to stop keeping them by the dozen and sell some :lol:

Latest posts

Back