Got this because the price was right and I needed the wheels

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this isn't the kind of bike people want to see. In fact most people wish this kind of bike never was found and stayed "lost".

I have found myself buying up alot of these types of bikes (modern bikes) to get the wheels.

For me personally I can never find wheels that have tight spokes and spin straight or at least spin kind of straight. Bikes by me are expensive, even used, modern garbage bikes are expensive.

So I'm always on the prowl for any bike with wheels that have tight spokes and wheels that spin at least somewhat straight.

Here is my latest creature catch. It was priced at $7.99 and they had a half off sale so I got it for half of that plus the sales tax.

Here it is:
IMG_6215_zpse61f41c7.jpg

IMG_6220_zpse8073e49.jpg

IMG_6218_zps69f606c4.jpg

IMG_6216_zpsd028b8ac.jpg

I'm going to take the pink wheels off the above bike I just "found" and put them on the green and pink bike in the pictures below. Then I'll take the purple wheels that are on the green and pink bike now and use them on another bike as well as the purple seat. If I can't find chrome wheels I'll likely use the purple wheels on the multi-color hiawatha project frame I got from forum member fatwilly (see pictures below of frame).
IMG_6222_zpsb14c583f.jpg

IMG_6223_zpsbc5ad0bc.jpg

IMG_6040_zps7c2fa32a.jpg

(may not put pink wheels on green and pink bike after all, the pink wheels are a darker color than what is on the green and bike :( )

What do you think the pink wheels would look like on the multi color hiawatha frame? Not sure if I should or not. If I do should I run a blackwall cheater slick and a blackwall front tire or a whitewall cheater slick and a whitewall front tire?

I'm think of going with a blackwall cheater slick and a blackwall front tire since I will be riding this thing. I don't want it to look too "girlie".

First, part is parts, so don't feel bashful about any bike under $10. :)

I think the pink wheels on the 70's frame would look bleh. I would put them on the green/pink pike, and take all the dark blue/purple parts off it, and put them on your 70's frame. If you have access to a goldish/tan/yellow seat, it would look even better, as you have a spectrum rainbow thing going on. My 2 cents worth.

agree with mr kent - the raspberry rims might look ok on that green one.

Nice find for 4 ucks, I sold one exactly like that last summer for , iirc, 35.00

Latest posts

Back