Great haul!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Me and the lady rode our bikes down to the local bar Fri. night and got to talking to a nice guy about old bicyles.He had seen my ladies Columbia and said he was into old bikes.Most of the time this doesnt lead to much besides talking about their childhood "Schwinn". I mentioned I was looking for some fender skirts of a Higgins he said that he had a bike that might have them.He stoped by the shop while I was at lunch... go figure,and left a note to call him.He showed up today with this stuff and some photos of other bikes he has.Struck a good deal with him on this pile,A Colson,Mercury and a Elgin,some misc. Stuff to.Hopefully chat with him soon about the others. 8)

-Kreep-

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

Kreep said:
Me and the lady rode our bikes down to the local bar Fri. night and got to talking to a nice guy about old bicyles.He had seen my ladies Columbia and said he was into old bikes.Most of the time this doesnt lead to much besides talking about their childhood "Schwinn". I mentioned I was looking for some fender skirts of a Higgins he said that he had a bike that might have them.He stoped by the shop while I was at lunch... go figure,and left a note to call him.He showed up today with this stuff and some photos of other bikes he has.Struck a good deal with him on this pile,A Colson,Mercury and a Elgin,some misc. Stuff to.Hopefully chat with him soon about the others. 8)

-Kreep-

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

Great haul! Hope you bought him a beer! :lol:

still drooling........

8)

that elgin (aprox 1938) is way to cool.

Tychevelle said:
Very nice!!

What are the frames in the top pic?

The top one is a late 30's Colson,the bottom one is a late 30's Mercury. The blue one I'm guessing is frome about the same time frame and appears to be a Elgin. Got a nice early 30's saddle,some seat posts,drop stand and fenders and rack for the Elgin,nice stem,diamond chain,dog leg crank with a super tiny sproket,and some other misc.stuff.Also got a cool Eureka pankake vacum shell and a neat little brass Balloon tire Moto-Meter Tire Tester from the 20's that still works like a champ.

-Kreep-

Diggin this post up from the grave. I just finished getting the Elgin together. Not 100% O.G. but getting there and its a rider. The fork a had for it was an Elgin ladies,had to add more threads and shorten the truss rods.The search continues for parts. LMK if anyone has anything.
-Kreep-
seats036.jpg

Latest posts

Back